Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning lovely people. I am due to apply for FLR-M next month and want to clarify whether I would need to redo language exam or if I can use the one I used previously when first moving to UK.

Basically my previous IELTS academic (which expired 1 year ago) has a banding of 6. Now there is no reference on the certificate what the equivalent CEFR banding is (i.e. A2,B1,B2 etc), however lot of articles from IELTS website show that typically banding of 6 equates to B2, which exceeds the FLR-M requirement.

My question is, can I still use the old IELTS certificate for this application? Do i need to look at IELTS team providing some further documentation? Or do I need to get a brand new language test?

Much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It will be safer to take a new test, and try to pass at B1 or better so that you can use it for ILR as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think you can use a ielts academic result for the visa, unless that result has used in a previous flr m.
If this is your first flr m, you'll need to go for ielts for UKVI life skills.
I went for the B1 one, and hopefully the rules won't change in 5 years and I could use it for ILR as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys for your suggestions. I have used the same ielts academic on first application when moving to UK.
I think I would just play it safe and do it from scratch, as there isn't much clear guidance on this from UKBA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.