Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When applying for leave to remain as an unmarried partner, I know they ask for a minimum of 6 items of correspondence covering the two years of cohabitation.

My partner and I only have a few items of correspondence addressed to us jointly such as joint tenancy agreements, council tax bills. Therefore, would it be best for my partner and I to submit an item of correspondence each addressed to us individually for every month of those 2 years? Is providing as much evidence as you can the best way to go about this? Or is there a limit to how much you can provide and do you risk annoying and confusing the ECO?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean 12 pieces of evidence is the maximum number of items of correspondence you can submit (all 6 addressed individually)? Does this also mean that there should never be more than a 4 month gap?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it's worth providing more evidence than the requirement to add more weight to my application and in case a piece of evidence "fails" as good evidence?

·
Super Moderator
17,985 Posts
No. The application gives examples of acceptable sources. Stick with those sources. Throwing a bunch of stuff and hoping for the best is not the way to go. You need evidence from official sources like utilities, council tax, bank statements, GP, NHS, HMRC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks. Are letters from local council/local authority acceptable? Such as letters to register to vote?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.