Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much deliberation we've now decided to apply in person to avoid any delays which could jeopardise a holiday we have booked for early October.

Looking for some guidance on what forms to use / what the process involves?

I have 90% completed the online application form but I think we now need a different form?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

If you're applying online, then that would be always updated with all latest questions.

Or you could download the latest version, fill it by hand and take it with you to the centre. One thing though, the questions asked in the paper one is quite an easy one compared to the online one (and also different) - some tricky questions are there!

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/private-life

'You can apply either:
•by post or in person

To apply by post, fill in the form FLR(FP).

To apply in person either:
•fill in the form and book an appointment
•make an online application and book an appointment'

You must prepare and get all your supporting documents ready and dated before the booking date of the in person appointment -anything dated after the appointment would not be valid!

I know the postal one but I'd guess the in person process involves:
. Filling the application online and paying visa fee + IHS fee/ Filling by hand and go online paying visa fee + IHS fee
. You're booking an appointment.
. Taking the application with all supporting documents (with copies) and submit at the centre.
. Waiting for around 3 hours and then you'd get a decision then and there.
. BRP card arriving by post after a couple of days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. We will apply online (as that application is almost complete), pay the application fee and print 2 copies. Then book an appointment online and pay the IHS fee.

Almost all our supporting docs are ready, just waiting for some things from our accountant which will take 1-2 weeks max. In the meantime we applied for a 2nd visitor visa for Canada on Sunday which takes 9 days roughly. When we get my husband's passport etc. back we'll apply for his UK extension in person (which expires mid Sept).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.