Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As part of my wife’s application for FLR (M) we have been staying in our parents’ house since she arrived in the UK in March 2015.

Evidence for accommodation I will be providing as part of the application is: -

1) Letter from parents providing permission to stay for as long as we wish, that they pay the house hold bills, number of rooms in property and current individuals who stay at the property.
2) Land Registry title deeds showing parents own property.
3) Most recent utility or council tax bill in parent’s name.

As part of my Wifes original spouse visa application I submitted a Housing Inspection report.

My question is, do I need to submit a new housing inspection report for the FLR (M) application or would the one we used in the initial spouse visa application 3 years ago, suffice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You need to re-apply for housing inspection since your sharing the property with multiple occupancy. Also these reports only last 3 months, using a report from 3 years ago would be invalid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
I didn't include one. We had a similar scenario as yours, living with parents since March 2015.

FLR was granted, using the same day service.

But it's good to include one still.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, i didn't want to start an unnecessary new thread when this one already poses a similar question.

I (sponsor) am living in a 3 bedroom house owned outright by my father with my husband (applicant) and my two sons (aged 1 and 8). My father does not live with us (he has his own place) We have lived at this address since my husband came to the UK in May 2015. We are responsible for paying all bills including council tax.

My question is, will I need a housing inspection report in my scenario?
What other documents will I need to submit with regards to accommodation for the FLR (M) application?

Your help and support would be highly appreciated ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi there,
The documents you need to submit for accommodation are :
1 - Title deeds as proof of ownership, these can be acquired from most solicitors because they can just access the land registry website and print off the title deeds and sign and stamp it
2 - Letter from your father to say he owns the property and is happy for you and your husband and kids to live at the property without paying any rent. he should mention in the letter how many rooms the property has and he should mention your names, including passport numbers.
3 - Council tax letter, utility bills for gas and electricity, and couple of other proof of address documents
that should be good enough. you do not need to the councils inspection report.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
You can print off the land registry yourself. It costs £3. You don't need a solicitor. It doesn't need to be certified.

You don't need a property inspection because you aren't sharing with non-immediate family. Non-immediate family is any family member other than your spouse and children. A letter from your father acknowledging permission to live there is fine along with a council tax or other utility bill in your name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can print off the land registry yourself. It costs £3. You don't need a solicitor. It doesn't need to be certified.

You don't need a property inspection because you aren't sharing with non-immediate family. Non-immediate family is any family member other than your spouse and children. A letter from your father acknowledging permission to live there is fine along with a council tax or other utility bill in your name.
Can you please point me in the direction of the official government directives on when you do or do not need a housing inspection for immigration purposes?

Or is this your opinion based on experience?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.