Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!!

I am going to apply for my wife and son (dependent) FLR(M) visa extension in the next couple of weeks. Before Applying I would like to have some suggestions and want to clear my doubts from the experience member of the Forum. I have to show the Financial requirements of £22,400 for wife and a child.

I work for NHS and I am the only sponsor. Prior to application past 12 months i.e Aug 2016 to July 2017 my annual income is £25,398 including some arrears and over time. I have got all 12 months of payslips. However on my P60 the gross annual income is £23,525.

Q1: Which annual income should I mention on section 7.3 of Financial Requirement current annual
income ? should it be £25,398 or from my P60 £23,525?

Q2: I get monthly salary and it is in variables and also I received some arrears in the months of April and
June salary. Does it matter? do they count back pay from arrears?

Q3: For the past 6 months my salary as follows: Feb: £1916, Mar: £1976, Apr £2977, May: £2269,
June: £2245, Jul: £1850 (due to holidays). Can I just submit 6 months of Payslips and 6 months of bank
statements under Category A of financial requirement?. Or do I have to submit 12 months pay slips
and bank statements?

Q4: In the employment letter shall I ask my manager to write my past 12 months total gross income
£25,398 or the gross income mentioned in the P60 ?

I will be grateful to you guys if you could help and suggest me and clear my doubts.
Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With regards to your first question, keep in mind that your P60 covers the financial year (April to April), so of course it'll be different to the 12 months of August to July.
I undertsand its April to March but it shows an annual gross income. My salary is in variables. I am abit confused whether I should calculate 12 months pay prior to the application or annual mentioned in p60. My annual income is pro rata base including enhancement and allowance.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Someone else will be able to better answer those questions. The calculate varies depending on how you are paid. For example a base salary + extras (over time etc.). The extras are normally calculated by adding up what you earned (extras) in the previous 6 months and then annualised (i.e. (Sum of previous 6 months/6) x 12). This is then added on top of your base salary to calculate your annual salary.

How this is entered into the form depends on whether you want to rely on Cat B or Cat A.

So, are you salaried or not?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Don't worry about it. The P60 isn't used to verify your exact income, it's more of a validation that you're in legal employment (and it's not a required document). The salary stated on your payslips is what's taken as fact.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry about it. The P60 isn't used to verify your exact income, it's more of a validation that you're in legal employment (and it's not a required document). The salary stated on your payslips is what's taken as fact.
Thank you..in that case I should mention the total of my last 12 months gross income that is including some arrears of back pay and over time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Everyone!!

I am going to apply for my wife and son (dependent) FLR(M) visa extension in the next couple of weeks. Before Applying I would like to have some suggestions and want to clear my doubts from the experience member of the Forum. I have to show the Financial requirements of £22,400 for wife and a child.

I work for NHS and I am the only sponsor. Prior to application past 12 months i.e Aug 2016 to July 2017 my annual income is £25,398 including some arrears and over time. I have got all 12 months of payslips. However on my P60 the gross annual income is £23,525.

Q1: Which annual income should I mention on section 7.3 of Financial Requirement current annual

Q2: I get monthly salary and it is in variables and also I received some arrears in the months of April and

Q3: For the past 6 months my salary as follows: Feb: £1916, Mar: £1976, Apr £2977, May: £2269,
June: £2245, Jul: £1850 (due to holidays). Can I just submit 6 months of Payslips and 6 months of bank
statements under Category A of financial requirement?. Or do I have to submit 12 months pay slips
and bank statements?

Q4: In the employment letter shall I ask my manager to write my past 12 months total gross income

I will be grateful to you guys if you could help and suggest me and clear my doubts.
Thank you.
Can anybody help me please

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I get monthly salary every month
So what's your base salary and what are your extras? I explained above how to calculate the different parts.
My basic pay is 18k per annum pro rata plus i get un social hours enahncement plus saturday and sunday enhancement,inner london allowance. Including everything..i get around 24k per annum. My salary count as hourly wages.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My basic pay is 18k per annum pro rata plus i get un social hours enahncement plus saturday and sunday enhancement,inner london allowance. Including everything..i get around 24k per annum. My salary count as hourly wages.
You can use Cat A judging by your original post:

It'd be salary of: £18k (£1500 a month) + the average of your extras over 6 months annualised: £8,466 (double check that) or £705.50 a month

So you're annual salary for the purposes of the application is: £26,466

You can also use Cat B, if you really wanted, in this case you're annual salary would be as I calculated above of £26,466 and the amount earned in previous 12 months is £25,398

I would double check the financial rules and wait for someone to double check my advice though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can use Cat A judging by your original post:

It'd be salary of: £18k (£1500 a month) + the average of your extras over 6 months annualised: £8,466 (double check that) or £705.50 a month

So you're annual salary for the purposes of the application is: £26,466

You can also use Cat B, if you really wanted, in this case you're annual salary would be as I calculated above of £26,466 and the amount earned in previous 12 months is £25,398

I would double check the financial rules and wait for someone to double check my advice though.
I got exactly what I have nentioned here £25398 because they paid some arrears back pay during april and june pay. Although I work 30 hours per week so I get around 24K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Everyone!!

and bank statements?

I will be grateful to you guys if you could help and suggest me and clear my doubts.y
Thank you.
Can any senior member help me please

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.