Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to report that our FLR(M) extension was granted for 30 months :)

We received all the documents back today after not receiving a decision on the day of our appointment. This was through no fault of our own, there was apparently something on the system that hadn't been removed last time.

Word of warning - The ECO caused us more stress/worry by saying that he would call us the next day (or the day after) but we never received a phone call at all and the application status online updated 2 day late. I wish he'd just said wait a week or so.

Timeline
Online Submission: 31 July
Premium Appointment: 15 August
Application Status Decided: 20 August
Documents Returned: 23 August

Thank you for all the great advice I received on here. This website is awesome! Now we wait for ILR in early 2020.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice one Alex...CONGRATS! :)

For ILR it'd be the same documents with updated version of them. I hope by 2020 all the document requirement would remain the same.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congratulations. :peace:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Zakmuh & j4v3d :) So happy!

Zak - yes I hope it stays the same too. I looked online and am I right in thinking the SET(M) form only comes in paper format?

Also, can my husband sit the Life in the UK test any time now? I think I read that it never expires?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah, I think at the moment its in paper form but it could change to online by then.

I can guarantee one thing though....the fee will shoot up to like 3 grand or so, as it gets increased every year!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope they introduce an online form as I prefer those.

That's my fear too! It's already pretty close to £3k if you want to go in person (which we do). It's ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Congratulations! I much prefer the paper form so I hope they keep that option. It is so nice to be able to read over the form and do a trial run. For all the money we will be paying, I want it to be as easy as possible!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks WhatShouldWeDo! Actually I didn't mean scrap the paper form, I just meant I hope they introduce an online form for those of us (me!) who prefer that. You can download the online form into a pdf file and read/print that before submitting and paying, and obviously you can edit the online form as many times as you like. Pretty sure it's a lot less paper to print as well. I just hate hand written stuff lol

Thanks Nyclon :) Which thread is that? Once we've received the BRP I will update for sure.

Also, any knowledge on whether Life in the UK test expires? I'd like my husband to do it sometime next year and just get it out of the way asap.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Thanks Nyclon :) Which thread is that? Once we've received the BRP I will update for sure.
Sorry. I thought there was a general FLR (M) timeline thread but there is only one for postal applications. However, you can post in this general timeline thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...ere-timelines-only-no-questions-comments.html

Also, any knowledge on whether Life in the UK test expires? I'd like my husband to do it sometime next year and just get it out of the way asap.
The results don't expire. You can take it at any time.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks WhatShouldWeDo! Actually I didn't mean scrap the paper form, I just meant I hope they introduce an online form for those of us (me!) who prefer that. You can download the online form into a pdf file and read/print that before submitting and paying, and obviously you can edit the online form as many times as you like. Pretty sure it's a lot less paper to print as well. I just hate hand written stuff lol
Thanks for that! I did not realize you could download the form as a PDF! Let's hope they provide both options.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah you can download the completed online form in PDF but the filling online is a big hassle...fill it-click next it-fill it-click next.....so I prefer paper form.

We all would go for the naturalisation straight away after the FLR. So I reckon we would spend like 5 grand in total by then. Spending is easy but saving isn't cos money always says goodbye to me!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for providing the link & info nyclon. Just booked his test for 29 September!

You're welcome WhatShouldWeDo :)

zakmuh - yeh it's a serious amount of money and a lot of stress too. When will you be applying for ILR? Then after that it's the passport (not sure how much that is?)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well applied for FLR two weeks ago and waiting for their decision. I'd apply similar to your time, in early 2020. Passport is like 74 quid or so

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck! Hope you hear back from them sooner rather than later.

Did some research online and it said the ILR fee is expected to be around £3300 by 2020.
Then £590 (minimum) for the premium service appointment.
As it stands Naturalisation is £1202 and £80 for the Citizenship ceremony.
With the local council NCS fees and the passport fee I will need £5,500 saved by early 2020. Wow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
*zak passing out*

I just had a heart attack...Jeez that's a hefty money there!

Thanks, and thanks for updating us on that Alex

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem Zak :) Keep me posted on your application, would love to hear when you get it.

Still waiting for the BRP card but hopefully it'll be here tomorrow or Weds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FLR(M) help pls

Hi all,
Thankyou for support and help from this forum .
Still i got couple of things i want to clarify myself before i go for applying for visa-
i want to go for premium service so how mny days before i need to book for appointment if my visa expires on sept12?
for bills can i have a letter from landlord as a support for application as we pay to him ?amd we dont have any bills on your name and got only one water bill only for this year as we started paying it from this year?
Does tenancy agreement should state the years on it?2015-2018 like that?does it should be on both the names?
We got a joint account from april of this year but havent done any transaction-still cam we keep it?
So in total on my name
il have only waterbill-from 2017 march
gp letter-all 2.5 yrs
bank statements on my name from 2015
joint account on both from 2017 april but no statements because of no transactions
college letter from university_a government source
HM revenue last year one.
telephone bills-only 6 months latest
Is this enough for correspondence on my name as aplicant?
I will attach some pictures from uk also and marriage certificate and english naric
by sponser will attach bank statements,dvla,telephone bills ,passport ,photos.

Anything else im missing can you please guide us.

Thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.