Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Wife's 2nd period of leave to remain was granted yesterday at the Croydon Premium Service Centre. It took 6 hours of waiting around but it was finally granted. Many thanks to everyone here for answering the repeated and quite often stupid questions I asked.

I would highly recommend the Premium Service, waiting 6 hours is much better than worrying about it for weeks via mail. Applied under Cat F so a lot of documents relating to the business, and we provided too many items of correspondence, but I was concerned as we didn't have anything in joint names. Last recommendation, bring all the documents in a simple pile with no binders! I had a huge amount of documentation, put everything in a box file, with each document in a plastic wallet, and then used numbered page dividers to separate everything. It was useless, the first thing they asked me to do was to take everything out and put it in one simple pile and into a large plastic folder they provided.

Just a quick question relating to the length of the visa. On the letter she received yesterday it states that she submitted an application for the Visa on the 15th August, which is the date we completed it online, and that the visa has been granted for 30 months. When does the 30 months start, is it the 15th August or 20th September for the premium appointment? For her ILR do we calculate the 60 months from the first date she entered the UK, minus 28 days?

Date First Entered the UK - 14/04/2015
Attended Premium Appointment FLR-m granted - 20/09/17
First Day to attend appointment for ILR is - 17/03/2020?

Thanks again for the help. If anyone has any questions relating to the process for Cat F or the Premium Service feel free to ask

Cheers

·
Registered
472 Posts
Congrats on your approval. I'm just now in the throws of getting everything together for my FLR ( M ) application. Like yourselves, we're going with the same day Premium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
wow , 6 hours? my 18 moths old won't be able to last so long, may need to arrange someone to take him home to nap. my appointment in croydon in 2 weeks time.

poor little fella. ahhhh

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Any unexpired portion of her previous visa will be added to her new leave, so she will have lived in UK for full 5 years when she applies for ILR, minus 28 days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any unexpired portion of her previous visa will be added to her new leave, so she will have lived in UK for full 5 years when she applies for ILR, minus 28 days.
Perfect! I didn't realise they add the extra months we had left to her new visa. Many thanks for the response as always

Count down to 2020! Just not looking forward to how much its going to cost to get ILR, with it going up at least 20% each year

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on your approval. I'm just now in the throws of getting everything together for my FLR ( M ) application. Like yourselves, we're going with the same day Premium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
can i ask you if you need to submit your birth certificates of the applicant? and if it's not in english do you need official certified translation? can i know where do you do it in UK? i'm in london.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No birth certificate except for any children you may have, British and others.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No birth certificate except for any children you may have, British and others.
yes over the past 2yrs+ we have a son born in UK, british citizen. on the check list i have this item :

Birth certificate of both of Mr <my son's name>'s parents

so i guess i need to pay for a certified translator to translate my malaysian birth cert which is in Malay language.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.