Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, my Fiance and I were married on Friday, and upon receiving out Marriage license, are pretty much ready to go. I wanted to get anyone's opinions on whether there is anything else I should include. I am currently an American studying in Scotland and am looking to transfer from Tier 4 to spouse visa from within the UK.

Here is a table of contents from the file folder I've put together for the application:

1. Letter of introduction from the Applicant, Passport, Birth certificate and CV (3).
2. Letter of introduction from the Sponsor, birth certificate and full copy of passport (2).
3. FLR(M) Application including 2 passport photos from applicant and one from sponsor
4. Civil Marriage Certificate (1)
5. Financial evidence meeting the required £18,600 (Appendix FM-SE of Immigration Rules & guidance notes)
a. Letter from <snip> confirming sponsors employment status at Aberdeenshire council (1)
b. Sponsor’s contractual documents from Sept. 2013- present with Aberdeenshire Council (3)
6. Sponsor’s payslips from Jun 2014 - Oct 2014 and 2013-2014 P60 document (7)
7. Bank statements from Sponsor
i. Barclays ISA Account statement April 2013 – Jun 2014 (1)
ii. Barclays personal Bank account statements Jun 2014 - Oct 2014- including income and RENT highlighted (6)
8. Accommodation- Letter from landlords confirming tenancy and letter from LPS Scotland regarding safe holding of security deposit (2)
9. Current tenancy agreement for applicant and sponsor (1)
10. At least 6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your sponsor at the same address as evidence that you have been living together.
a. Addressed to both applicant and sponsor (9)
i. Barclays Joint Account statement 04 Jan to 03 Oct 2014 Statements
b. Addressed to the Applicant (2.5)
i. NHS Scotland Medical Card (09/05/2014) (0.5)
ii. Counterpart Driving Licence for Applicant addressed to applicant (0.5)
iii. National Collegiate Trust Bill addressed to applicant (03/09/13) (0.5)
iv. TV licensing for current residence addressed to applicant (07/05/14) (0.5)
v. Scottish Gas annual statement for previous residence addressed to applicant (05/12/13) (0.5)
c. Addressed to the Sponsor (3)
ii. Aberdeenshire Council: Bill for Council Tax (24/02/2014) (0.5)
iii. Aberdeen City Council: Council Tax Statement (22/01/2014) (0.5)
iv. Aberdeen City Council: Council Tax Statement (08/07/2014) (0.5)
v. Summary of Sky contract when sponsor moved in with applicant (06/07/13) (0.5)
vi. Aberdeen City Council: Notification of payment method change (19/09/2013) (0.5)
11. Acceptance letters to the applicant from the University of Aberdeen and confirmation of enrollment in current PhD program, including letter from current PhD Supervisor (4)
12. Letter from University of Aberdeen to interview for, acceptance of 50% EU PhD studentship, and undergraduate student transcripts from San Francisco State University (3)
13. Barclays Bank statements from applicant Dec 2013 – Sep 2014 (3)
14. Letters of Reference from:
a. Applicants previous employer (1)
b. Applicants Father and stepmother (1)
15. Personal photographs 2012-present, receipt of travel itinerary when sponsor visited applicant and her friends/family in California in Nov 2012, post car from applicant to sponsor when she was abroad on holiday in Barcelona, Formal invitation to wedding celebration on May 1, 2015.

I currently live with my husband is it necessary to include all of the phone records etc? Also will I get all of my original documents back? And would it be advised to also give them copies of original documents?

Can anyone advise on the processing time? I read 8 weeks, and am applying by post, any thoughts?

Cheers,
C:fingerscrossed:

·
Super Moderator
17,949 Posts
You have lots and lots of unnecessary documents. More is not better.

Hi, my Fiance and I were married on Friday, and upon receiving out Marriage license, are pretty much ready to go. I wanted to get anyone's opinions on whether there is anything else I should include. I am currently an American studying in Scotland and am looking to transfer from Tier 4 to spouse visa from within the UK.

Here is a table of contents from the file folder I've put together for the application:

1. Letter of introduction from the Applicant, Passport, Birth certificate and CV (3).
2. Letter of introduction from the Sponsor, birth certificate and full copy of passport (2).
Birth certificates are unnecessary. Your CV is unnecessary.

3. FLR(M) Application including 2 passport photos from applicant and one from sponsor
4. Civil Marriage Certificate (1)
Fine

5. Financial evidence meeting the required £18,600 (Appendix FM-SE of Immigration Rules & guidance notes)
a. Letter from <snip> confirming sponsors employment status at Aberdeenshire council (1)
b. Sponsor’s contractual documents from Sept. 2013- present with Aberdeenshire Council (3)
6. Sponsor’s payslips from Jun 2014 - Oct 2014 and 2013-2014 P60 document (7)
7. Bank statements from Sponsor
i. Barclays ISA Account statement April 2013 – Jun 2014 (1)
What Category are you applying under? If it's through Category A you need 6 months of pay slips and corresponding bank statements as well as a letter of employment. ISA statements would be unnecessary.

ii. Barclays personal Bank account statements Jun 2014 - Oct 2014- including income and RENT highlighted (6)
Whose bank statement is this? It's not necessary to show that you paid your rent and you shouldn't deface documents with highlighting or any other marking.

8. Accommodation- Letter from landlords confirming tenancy and letter from LPS Scotland regarding safe holding of security deposit (2)
9. Current tenancy agreement for applicant and sponsor (1)
You only need a tenancy agreement.

10. At least 6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your sponsor at the same address as evidence that you have been living together.
a. Addressed to both applicant and sponsor (9)
i. Barclays Joint Account statement 04 Jan to 03 Oct 2014 Statements
b. Addressed to the Applicant (2.5)
ii. Counterpart Driving Licence for Applicant addressed to applicant (0.5)
iii. National Collegiate Trust Bill addressed to applicant (03/09/13) (0.5)
iv. TV licensing for current residence addressed to applicant (07/05/14) (0.5)
v. Scottish Gas annual statement for previous residence addressed to applicant (05/12/13) (0.5)
c. Addressed to the Sponsor (3)
ii. Aberdeenshire Council: Bill for Council Tax (24/02/2014) (0.5)
iii. Aberdeen City Council: Council Tax Statement (22/01/2014) (0.5)
iv. Aberdeen City Council: Council Tax Statement (08/07/2014) (0.5)
v. Summary of Sky contract when sponsor moved in with applicant (06/07/13) (0.5)
vi. Aberdeen City Council: Notification of payment method change (19/09/2013) (0.5)
11. Acceptance letters to the applicant from the University of Aberdeen and confirmation of enrollment in current PhD program, including letter from current PhD Supervisor (4)
12. Letter from University of Aberdeen to interview for, acceptance of 50% EU PhD studentship, and undergraduate student transcripts from San Francisco State University (3)
13. Barclays Bank statements from applicant Dec 2013 – Sep 2014 (3)
This is complete overkill. If you have 6 things addressed jointly that is all you need. Cut this down dramatically.

14. Letters of Reference from:
a. Applicants previous employer (1)
b. Applicants Father and stepmother (1)
These things are subjective and carry zero weight. Leave them out they will not be considered.

15. Personal photographs 2012-present, receipt of travel itinerary when sponsor visited applicant and her friends/family in California in Nov 2012, post car from applicant to sponsor when she was abroad on holiday in Barcelona, Formal invitation to wedding celebration on May 1, 2015.
Post card and invitations are unnecessary. Leave them out.

I currently live with my husband is it necessary to include all of the phone records etc? Also will I get all of my original documents back? And would it be advised to also give them copies of original documents?
If you have been living together then proof of that is important through joint responsibilities like joint tenancy and bills or things addressed separately. But, you need to cut down from the list above.

Can anyone advise on the processing time? I read 8 weeks, and am applying by post, any thoughts?
Probably at least a couple of months but check the timeline thread to see if there are any recent updates from members applying for FLR (M).

You need 2 passport photos of the applicant and 1 of the sponsor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'm applying under cartagory a and have included this things from my sponsor as I'm currently a student and not working. I suppose i thought more was better and was going of other posts on this forum, so you think cutting down is ok? And just provide the minimum? Birth certificates are listed on the document list.

·
Super Moderator
17,949 Posts
If you partner meets the financial requirement through Category A that is all they care about. It makes no difference if you're not working. More is definitely not better and in fact could just confuse things. Leave out anything financial documents that you aren't specifically using to meet the financial requirement or that you are using to show that you have lived together. For Category A that means your partner's 6 pay slips and 6 bank statements. He can include his P60 if he has it. Keep in mind that the most recent pay slip and bank statement can be no more than 28 days old at the time of application.

Please tell me where it says that birth certificates are required. I see child birth certificates and that the long form birth certificate is required for the UK partner is they don't have a passport.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a dummy, and totally didn't think that would be for children, which we have none, so no birth certificates. Thank you so much! We sent off the application on Monday and it's been signed for and recieved, no word yet.

I removed quite a few documents as you'd recommended. Appreciate the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.