Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. ( pg.3 ) ... Re: Biometric Fee
"Some immigration routes are exempt. Your application may be rejected as invalid if you do not enrol your biometrics when requested."
If I am going to use the same day Premium route, is it one of the exempt routes?

2. ( pg. 7 ) ... Question 2
"contact name in the UK if different from the applicant" Should I provide my married name which I now use in the UK on a daily basis OR is it best to continue using the name I have in my passport when filling in this visa application form?

3. ( pg. 9 ) ... 1.5
"Surname or Family Name"
Do I use the surname in my Passport or put in the new married name which is a different surname now?

... 1.7
??? I'm assuming I can now put my new married name in here, but not sure.

4. (Pg.11) .. 2.2
" Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories?
Yes.... Or .... No

In May 2015 I was allowed to come and live in the UK
So again, assuming I tick No ???

5. Regarding my Passport
This is very confusing to me. The valid from and valid to dates on my visa stamp within my passport are not 2 1/2 years or 30 months. My stamp says:

Visa valid from 06/05/2015
Visa valid until 06/02/18

* I first entered the UK using my new spousal visa on 08/05/2015

So when must I apply before?
The 2 and 1/2 year point ( Nov. 6, 2017 )
Or a month before the valid until date ( 06/01/18)

( Pg. 18 ) ... 5.5
"What is the end date of your current or most recent visa or leave to enter or remain?"
In order to answer that question I need clarification on the visa stamp that is in my passport.

Once again, finding this visa application form stressful and unclear. I really do appreciate your advice and help. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
No, you are not exempt from this fee.

You apply for an extension 30 days minus your 30 month anniversary of entry to the UK.

Your visa is valid until 06/02/2018 as stamped in your passport.

Sorry, not sure on rest of the issues, will let someone else answer.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Answers in bold:

1. ( pg.3 ) ... Re: Biometric Fee
"Some immigration routes are exempt. Your application may be rejected as invalid if you do not enrol your biometrics when requested."
If I am going to use the same day Premium route, is it one of the exempt routes?

Your biometrics are taken at the Premium Service Centre, so you don't pay a separate fee.

2. ( pg. 7 ) ... Question 2
"contact name in the UK if different from the applicant" Should I provide my married name which I now use in the UK on a daily basis OR is it best to continue using the name I have in my passport when filling in this visa application form?

This question is for if a lawyer or someone else is paying on your behalf. Saying that, if you're applying for a Premium Service Centre appointment, you don't even need to fill this page out.

3. ( pg. 9 ) ... 1.5
"Surname or Family Name"
Do I use the surname in my Passport or put in the new married name which is a different surname now?

Passport.

... 1.7
??? I'm assuming I can now put my new married name in here, but not sure.

I'm not sure to be honest.

4. (Pg.11) .. 2.2
" Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories?
Yes.... Or .... No

In May 2015 I was allowed to come and live in the UK
So again, assuming I tick No ???

Correct

5. Regarding my Passport
This is very confusing to me. The valid from and valid to dates on my visa stamp within my passport are not 2 1/2 years or 30 months. My stamp says:

Visa valid from 06/05/2015
Visa valid until 06/02/18

* I first entered the UK using my new spousal visa on 08/05/2015

So when must I apply before?
The 2 and 1/2 year point ( Nov. 6, 2017 )
Or a month before the valid until date ( 06/01/18)

You can apply up to 28 days before your 30 months anniversary of entering the country.

( Pg. 18 ) ... 5.5
"What is the end date of your current or most recent visa or leave to enter or remain?"
In order to answer that question I need clarification on the visa stamp that is in my passport.

Once again, finding this visa application form stressful and unclear. I really do appreciate your advice and help. Thank you

It's the valid until date on the stamp.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much kimi, hippoman and nyclon.
Most appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.