Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got married a 5 months and my wife is currently on a student visa in the UK. Her visa expires in 5 months and 15 days. Is it possible to make an in country application (FRLM). We also have a child.

Please advise?

Thank You

AK

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been doing some reading in to this:

You must not be in the UK as a visitor, or with leave for 6 months or less (unless you are here as a fiancé or proposed civil partner), or here with temporary admission. Your current stay in the United Kingdom must be lawful. You should not be here illegally or have remained here once your permission to stay has ended. We can however, overlook a period of up to 28 days where you have stayed here after your leave to remain ended.

Can you please confirm if the above means that my wife would have to go back to the country of origin and then I would have to reapply on the back of that?

Thank You,

AK

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
What visa is she on and for how long does it last?

Also where did you marry?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is currently on a Student Visa which expires in 30th November 2015.

We married here in the UK in August 2014.

Thank You

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
If her Tier 4 visa was granted for more than six months total, she can apply for FLR(M) before her Tier 4 visa expires. She can do this by post, or for about £500 more she can make an appointment with a Premium Service Centre and have it done in person (usually it's completed on the same day, including biometrics)

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
She is currently on a Student Visa which expires in 30th November 2015.

We married here in the UK in August 2014.

Thank You
So why the questions? What visa was she on in August 2014?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If her Tier 4 visa was granted for more than six months total, she can apply for FLR(M) before her Tier 4 visa expires. She can do this by post, or for about £500 more she can make an appointment with a Premium Service Centre and have it done in person (usually it's completed on the same day, including biometrics)
She had a VISA issued for 2 years but she now has less than 6 months remaining. I have only met the threshold recently of £18,600, is the reason of applying now. The child was born in the UK and therefore does not affect the minimum income threshold. Your help and advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
She was on a Student Visa and is still on the same VISA. I want to figure out if it is possible to do a FLRM with less than 6 months remaining on her current VISA.
Yes you can........

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
People often misunderstand the rule over in-country application. When they say your visa must have been issued for more than 6 months, what it means is ORIGINALLY it was issued for more than 6 months, such as a year or two years, and has nothing to do with how much time you have left on your visa. So you can apply before visa expiry. If you apply and your visa then expires while you wait, it's automatically extended until a decision is made.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Thank You. Is it just the standard FLRM application that I would need to get submitted?
Is she still a student? With a new child I expect not.

Are you applying for a spouse visa?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still a student... 1 just might be enough ... That's all on hold for a while... yes she will be applying for a spouse VISA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.