Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Currently working on our 2nd FLR(M). The in-person appointment is coming up soon and I had some quick questions as I finalize the financial requirement portion of the application --

1) I will be relying on nonsalaried Category A. I have two jobs during this period of time, but the primary job I am relying on meets the annual threshold by a significant margin. I have all the necessary paperwork for this job. My second job is supplemental and there are some issues with the original payslips and the employer is being stubborn about providing a letter. Can I just ignore this second job for purposes of the application or must I disclose all employment in this period of time for the application?

2) For the primary job that I have all evidence for, it is a locum position. I understand that the employment letter must state the annual salary, but how is this to be worded if it's based on a 6 month gross and the calculated formula to obtain the annual? Would something the following like be acceptable:

"(NAME) is employed at (COMPANY) as a (POSITION) on a locum basis from (DATE) with a calculated gross annual salary of £XXXXX based on the actual 6 month gross of £XXXXX"

Is that correct? I just want to make sure we have all the proper wording as I have heard of others having issues with the employment letter for their application. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was hoping to get some advice before the weekend is out as we'd like to draft the employer letter ASAP. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hey all. Currently working on our 2nd FLR(M). The in-person appointment is coming up soon and I had some quick questions as I finalize the financial requirement portion of the application --

1) I will be relying on nonsalaried Category A. I have two jobs during this period of time, but the primary job I am relying on meets the annual threshold by a significant margin. I have all the necessary paperwork for this job. My second job is supplemental and there are some issues with the original payslips and the employer is being stubborn about providing a letter. Can I just ignore this second job for purposes of the application or must I disclose all employment in this period of time for the application?

2) For the primary job that I have all evidence for, it is a locum position. I understand that the employment letter must state the annual salary, but how is this to be worded if it's based on a 6 month gross and the calculated formula to obtain the annual? Would something the following like be acceptable:

"(NAME) is employed at (COMPANY) as a (POSITION) on a locum basis from (DATE) with a calculated gross annual salary of £XXXXX based on the actual 6 month gross of £XXXXX"

Is that correct? I just want to make sure we have all the proper wording as I have heard of others having issues with the employment letter for their application. Thanks in advance.
Use details from the Primary job, as this adequately meets the requirement no need to include anything more.

The Employment Letter must be on the Company's headed paper and original. Does Locum Basis infer the Work can vary? If so suggest this remark is not included. Providing payslips etc correlate with Bank Deposits, that will suffice. Are you including your Contract of Employment?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use details from the Primary job, as this adequately meets the requirement no need to include anything more.

The Employment Letter must be on the Company's headed paper and original. Does Locum Basis infer the Work can vary? If so suggest this remark is not included. Providing payslips etc correlate with Bank Deposits, that will suffice. Are you including your Contract of Employment?
I've got the requisite payslips and bank statements. There's no contract. I am a locum doctor on an hourly rate paid monthly. That's why I had questions about how to advise the trust the best way to word the letter. The guidance says that we must indicate whether the position is permanent, temporary, or fixed. Technically speaking, this is a temporary position by virtue of being a locum job, but due to the nature of locum medical work, it is consistent and will never dry up. Still unsure about the best way to word this letter.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've got the requisite payslips and bank statements. There's no contract. I am a locum doctor on an hourly rate paid monthly. That's why I had questions about how to advise the trust the best way to word the letter. The guidance says that we must indicate whether the position is permanent, temporary, or fixed. Technically speaking, this is a temporary position by virtue of being a locum job, but due to the nature of locum medical work, it is consistent and will never dry up. Still unsure about the best way to word this letter.
Yes, I did suspect that to be the case hence the suggestion to include a Contract. Now if that is not in place, do you have some form of Agreement to Work? There must be something as I am fairly sure Employment Law may be compromised.

Even though you are in a much needed Profession, which one would think the ECO will appreciate, it's temporary nature 'could' emphasis on could, be an issue. On balance I would think not but best to be sure.
Check what form of agreement you have and then get the letter. If you work for an Agency it would be wise for them to state "we........have long term contract with xxxxxNHS Trust for the supply of XXXX services".

Have a think about it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.