Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using 12 months payslips and cat b for the application same job.

Am I answering yes or no to these questions I'm confused!
Question 7.3 income

(iii) have you/sponsor been with same employer and earning above specified amount continuously for 6 months (cat A)

(iv) if you answered no at (iii) have you/sponsor been in other employment in the 12 months prior to the date of application other than current employment! (Cat B)

The category A and B on the question is throwing me.. I feel like I should say yes for first question but I'm not using 6 months and I thought cat b was if using 12 months payslips

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I'm not 100% sure. Why are you using Category B? Is it because your income is variable?

I would think that both answers are "no" and you can also make it clear in the section above that you're indeed relying on Category B (it should be obvious with 12 months of payslips). But again, I'm not positive which is why I didn't respond initially.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply

I'm paid 4 weekly and I've done the calculation of 7 months divided by 28 weeks multiply by 52 but it leave me short. However over the past 12 months I've made the 18600 amount.

So do I still go cat a with 13 payslips or cat b? I'm unsure and then how do I answer the above questions.

Thanks again

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

Jumping in to this thread, as I found these questions quite confusing as well.

We will be applying under cat B in September as both myself and my husband have changed jobs this months (June) so we will provide (my) 12 payslips and 12 bank statements.

We would probably tick yes on the second question? I read it as- have you been in any other employment- other than your current employment- during the 12 months prior to the application..

Another 2 questions that are sort of relevant. With my previous emplyment I started on a basic salary of 25k and this increased to 29.5k by the the time I left (this month, total period of 1 year and 7 months). My new and current employment started on basic of 35k, so all in all I was always above the requirement.

1- how does this needs to be addressed in the application form? Do I use the lower level of salary i.e 25k?

2- in the employer letter from previous employer- does it needs to state each increase? I have done quite a few of financial exams whic gave me a £500 increase each time.

Thank you again for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.