Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife is having her FLR(M) in-person appointment on 3rd August, we are wondering whether to go with Cat A only, combined Cat A and Cat D or Cat D only?

Either of us earned more than £18600 but we are a bit concern relying on someone at our company to received calls from Home Office if they decides to contact, the reason is that our manager is hardly at his/her desk and a lot of people are on holiday during that time (my HR manager told me he is off on that day for sure).

We do have enough cash savings (more than £65000 since beginning of year) in our UK bank accounts to cover Cat D, the majority of the money were saved through many years, does Home Office look at the full duration of how the savings building up or just the recent 6 months?

I think my question is: is there any disadvantage going with Cat D only?

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
As long as you have had the 62,500 GBP in your account for 6 months or longer, then you are eligible for Cat D

There is no disadvantage of going with Cat D, if you qualify - in fact could be easier than showing payslips, employment letters, contracts, etc etc

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
I would agree with Crawford that Category D seems most straightforward. Really no disadvantage to it whatsoever, each category is equally viable as the next.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
With Category D you will need to provide a paper trail of how you accumulated the bulk if your savings. If it was through regular savings you will need several examples of larger deposits along with a declaration

·
Registered
673 Posts
True as nyclon said source of saving must be declared

The following table illustrates all the requirements that must be met:

1) The bank/savings account is a current, deposit or investment account

2)The account is held is a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating

3) The financial institution is not on the list of excluded institutions under the Immigration Rules

4) Regular bank statements are provided

5)The statements cover the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules

6) The savings are held in cash (or their cash value is clear)

7) The savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty)

8)The funds are under the control of the person and/or their partner for the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules

9)The source of the funds is legal

10)The source of the funds has been declared

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply! It is more likely we are applying through Cat D only.

Few questions though:
1) In FLR(M) form between page 27/28, question 7.3 asked to indicate how we fulfill the financial requirement from a list but saving is not on there so should we leave this blank?

2) The savings we have is from our regular salary, so it has been accumulated through few years. However, we can show that we are still saving money within the last 6 months after our normal expense so I guess it is okay? (of course we'll declare where the saving is coming from as it is a requirement)

3) Does it matter if the money is in different account during the last 6 months? Some part of the saving is in my wife's current account at the beginning of this year while some part of it is in my saving account. Back in Match, she transferred all her savings to my saving account and then in May, we decided to opened a joint saving account so we again moved our saving to this new saving account and since then my wife has been deposit her savings to there.

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#3 Oh dear! Each account must have the minimum balance you are submitting for the last 6 months, and moving funds resets the 6-month clock, even with your own or joint accounts. So you cannot apply till November with savings and have to submit under Cat A.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#3 Oh dear! Each account must have the minimum balance you are submitting for the last 6 months, and moving funds resets the 6-month clock, even with your own or joint accounts. So you cannot apply till November with savings and have to submit under Cat A.
Oh really? That is a bummer, what I meant was even for myself, I have two saving accounts, one is regular saver and one is ISA, because there is a limit on how much money you can put into ISA annually so once I reach the limit then I'll have to put my savings into my regular saver so I would have transfer money between my saving accounts all the time.

So is there no way to get around it even though the money never leaves our accounts (and we can prove that easily), the accounts are all still active, we are still putting money into them and only one is opened within the last 6 months? (From FLR(M) form, it does allow to have multiple saving accounts?)

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And the purpose of the new account is for my wife to manage her savings and expenses better (couldn't edit my last post).

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I'm afraid not. The rule is quite clear - the money has to stay in an account for 6 months, and even transferring between your other accounts resets the clock. You can have several accounts, but the money in each has to remain for 6 months in order to count towards total savings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for clearing this up Joppa! If that is the case we will use Cat A then, it is not a big problem as we do have our employment and salary documents prepared already. We'll need make sure to let our companies aware there is a possibility for Home Office to contact them to verify our employment and salary details on 3rd August.

Also thanks to the members contributed to this thread, it is useful information to know if not for this application but for future application.

Cheers,
yy_kk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.