Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am writing to seek advise about a couple of questions I have encountered whilst completing an online application for my wife's extension of her spouse visa. She obtained her initial spouse visa on 01/12/2014 in Pakistan. She entered UK on 17/12/2014. Her spouse visa is due to expire on 01/09/2017. I am going to complete the online application and book the premium (same day) service.

We have a 18 month old daughter who was born in UK and is British.

With regards to the Finance section:

I have been employed by my current employer since 05/08/2015. The contract ends on 04/08/2017. My gross annual salary is £60873 since 01/04/2017 (this was a 1% increase from the salary that I was on from 31/10/2016).

I also have savings of £43,000, in joint savings account in the name of myself and my wife. My wife is unemployed since March.

The questions I had are as follows:

1. Shall I just rely on my income from my salaried employment? I think this is sufficient on its own. Or shall I also tick 'Cash Savings' for the question 'Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?'. Will this unnecessarily complicate matters?

2. In relation to my salaried employment, there is a question 'What do they earn?'

• A: The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
  • B: The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
  • C: Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
  • D: Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I had a 1% pay increase since April.
My last 6 payslips show NET pay as follows: June £3431, May £3431, Apr £3405, Mar £3379, Feb £3379, Jan £3379.
So the payslips for the last 6 months do not show the identical amount, but all are above the minimum income requirement. I wonder if I should select A or C. If I answer C then I am required to provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements instead of 6 months.

3. My current employment contract ends on 04/08/2017. I have not yet found a new job starting from 5/8/17. Could this have a negative impact on the application? Or are they only interested in the last 6 months of income?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 Just submit your employed income. Don't tick savings, which you don't need.
#2 Tick A, under Cat A.
#3 You need to be in work on the date of application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.