Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FLR-M was granted using the Premium Service Centre, same day service.

Due to some 'internet check' coming back late, they couldn't give us a decision on the day, though they did tell us not to worry as everything was fine from our side interns of paperwork. They called the following morning to say that they had made a decision and whether we wanted to collect the passport and supporting documents or have them posted back to us.

We received the documents and passport in the post today with the great news that our application for extension had been successful! The BRP should arrive any day now.

In total it's taken 3 working days from submission + biometrics to receiving the decision and documents back.

Did not use a solicitor. Completed the paper version of the application as the online version is a little more complex as it asks for more details.

Thanks to Joppa and Zakmuh for helping with some of the questions and queries I had regarding the application.

Now begins the next and final phase of obtaining ILR....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice one matey..congrats!

The supporting docs for ILR would be the same with updated stuff. Just the correspondence evidences we have to keep collecting. And of course 5 grand visa + naturalisation cost!

Now you should go on holiday, to a sunny beach-you need to treat yourself for all the application stress you had :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Thanks !

BRP arrived today !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Huge congratulations! :)

That's awesome that they actually kept their word and called you! We had a very similar situation but unfortunately the guy never stuck to his word and called. We didn't get the documents back until 7 days later. Which premium service centre did you use? Ours was Solihull.

Also that is super quick for the BRP card! We finally got our documents back on the 23rd August (appointment was 15th). Today we received a letter in the post saying DX attempted to deliver the BRP on Tuesday (29th) but no one was in. That's impossible though as we have a business and were open ALL day from 8am. It's been scheduled for re-delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed we'll finally receive it. Congrats again!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huge congratulations! :)

That's awesome that they actually kept their word and called you! We had a very similar situation but unfortunately the guy never stuck to his word and called. We didn't get the documents back until 7 days later. Which premium service centre did you use? Ours was Solihull.

Also that is super quick for the BRP card! We finally got our documents back on the 23rd August (appointment was 15th). Today we received a letter in the post saying DX attempted to deliver the BRP on Tuesday (29th) but no one was in. That's impossible though as we have a business and were open ALL day from 8am. It's been scheduled for re-delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed we'll finally receive it. Congrats again!
Thanks and congratulation to you as well equally !

Yes, they did. I actually missed the call on my mobile and they instantly tried again on the landline.

Though we didn't get the decision and documents on the day, it's still money well spent, because of how quickly we've received everything, even with the bank holiday weekend. Our appointment was last Thursday and it's Thursday today. So in total it's taken 4 working days, not including Monday which was a bank holiday.

I'm glad we opted for the PSC otherwise we would have probably been waiting until October/November time for a decision.

That's unfortunate for you, but at least you've been successful even though they caused you unwanted stress probably!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks :) Yes yours was all resolved very quickly and they actually called. I'm jealous! lol

Yes they caused a lot of undue stress. I agree it's money well spent but honestly I didn't anticipate not getting a decision on the day and then being left in the dark. A postal application wasn't an option either as we're going on holiday soon. Really hope tomorrow's delivery goes smoothly so we can move on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.