Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am hoping to apply for my extension by the end of this January and i need some clarification on my accommodation evidence.

Basically when i and my wife moved into our new rented apartment, the names on the contract was my name and her mom's name. The reason she was not on the contract was because at the time and even currently till 2022, she had an adverse report on her credit file which means she will fail referencing and my income was a little shy of the 25k GBP threshold demanded by the letting agent hence us including her mom in the contract even though she has her own house. All bills, council tax, hospital papers including that of our new born baby etc are either in our joint names or individually.

Does the above pose any issue to our evidence of accommodation or do i need to change it to just my name now prior to application as i now earn more than 25k.

Please i will appreciate your responses.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
It's fine, but you should get a letter from the landlord or letting agency to confirm she has the right to live there. They really don't scrutinize accommodation evidence for spouse visa extensions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's fine, but you should get a letter from the landlord or letting agency to confirm she has the right to live there. They really don't scrutinize accommodation evidence for spouse visa extensions
Hi Clever-octopus and thanks for your reply. I was able to get my mother-in-law to write a letter informing of her no involvement in our property and the reason she was added in the 1st place. Also she signed the consent letter just in case they need it for verification seeing as she has her name on the contract as joint owner. Please do you think this is ok.

Finally, i have now submitted my application and also did my biometrics yesterday and hate that there is no more super-priority as i am now down with post-submission nervous breakdown and thinking about all the things i think i might have done wrong. One of them and which i need you clarifications on, is my council tax document. My earlier council tax in my old property in the last 2 years was jointly held with my wife (it was submitted as well). But since my wife went on maternity leave since end of 2019 till date, i have been the only one on the council tax bill and not with my wife - her names are on other bills like electricity, water, TV licensing etc.I noticed a line there called single adult discount. Does this matter please or if i had known i would have taken the option not to include the recent council tax document. So my question - does this matter at all please?

Thanks for anticipated response.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Clever-octopus and thanks for your reply. I was able to get my mother-in-law to write a letter informing of her no involvement in our property and the reason she was added in the 1st place. Also she signed the consent letter just in case they need it for verification seeing as she has her name on the contract as joint owner. Please do you think this is ok.

Finally, i have now submitted my application and also did my biometrics yesterday and hate that there is no more super-priority as i am now down with post-submission nervous breakdown and thinking about all the things i think i might have done wrong. One of them and which i need you clarifications on, is my council tax document. My earlier council tax in my old property in the last 2 years was jointly held with my wife (it was submitted as well). But since my wife went on maternity leave since end of 2019 till date, i have been the only one on the council tax bill and not with my wife - her names are on other bills like electricity, water, TV licensing etc.I noticed a line there called single adult discount. Does this matter please or if i had known i would have taken the option not to include the recent council tax document. So my question - does this matter at all please?

Thanks for anticipated response.
@clever-octopus @nyclon @Joppa , please any response as the post submission syndrome seems to be getting to me even when i submitted everything required and keep worrying about the above. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Joppa hasn't been here in a very long time. Try not to stress out, you've submitted everything and it's out of your hands now. I've never seen anyone refused a spouse visa extension for accommodation reasons. I see no reason for them to doubt that you have a place to live.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joppa hasn't been here in a very long time. Try not to stress out, you've submitted everything and it's out of your hands now. I've never seen anyone refused a spouse visa extension for accommodation reasons. I see no reason for them to doubt that you have a place to live.
Hi @clever-octopus , thanks for your message. It is just so difficult to be calm when waiting for approval. Please i had just like to run through all i submitted for you to let me know if i indeed got things right.

• I and my wife’s passport
  • My BRP
  • The consent letters signed by me, my wife and her mom (because of her name on the lease and she also provided a letter acknowledging that she has no involvement in our house).
  • Spousal declaration of support.

Finances (This is from me only)
-Letter from HR showing my permanent employment, started work since 2019 and earn over 24k salary from sept 2020 and that the payslip i am using is authentic.
-My new contract letter for promotion from sept 2020
-All 6 payslips from August 2020 -jan 2021
- Stamped Bank statement showing all my income from June 2020 to Jan 2021 (just found out that my street name had a wrong alphabet after it and i have never noticed since i changed address years ago. In my worrying state, i noticed it and i do not know if this is an issue. The house number and house name and post code are all same.Wont even notice the extra e added after the street name but i am now worried about it since i have been scrutinising everything i submitted).

Other finances
  • another bank’S stamped statement to show my flexible self employed role income which i just included even though my main job meets criteria . Added it to show that i wont resort to public funds.
  • my 2 savings accounts.
  • My stock holdings statement

English
  • My MSc certificate, transcripts and a Uni letter from a UK university.
  • My professional qualifications certificate (just as extra)

Relationship
- My marriage certificate
-My son’s birth certificate and one NHS letter from April 2020
- Pictures of me, my wife, our son from when we got married to my son’s recent 1st birthday in January 2021. Some pics has my wife’s mom in it and my siblings.

Accommodations and cohabitation
  • tenancy agreement (in my name and mom-in-laws name)
  • Council tax in my name from 2020/2021
-Joint council tax bill (May 2018 from our previous property)
-Joint ecotricity bill for dec 2018 (previous property)
-Joint ecotricity for May 2019 (previous property)
-Joint water bill (October 2019 for current property)
-Joint water bill feb 2020 (covering nov 2019 to feb 2020 in our current property)
-Joint Bulb bill (Jan 2021 for current property )
-Wife’S NHS letter Dec 2020 (current property )
-Wife’s Switch electricity bill (Oct 2018 for previous property )
- wife’s Sky bill (Jan 2019 previous property )
-Wife HTB bank letter (Aug 2019 for previous property)
-Wife Tv license bill (Jan 2021 for current property)
-My electoral roll letter (May 2018 previous property)
-My Eon Bill (oct 2019 current property)
-My Key worker letter Dec 2020
  • my Virgin Bill Jan 2021
  • My bills bank statement in only my name with cover letter as the bank does not stamp ( from June 2020 - jan 2021 and shows all the rent going out and other bills and my wife’s monthly contribution into the account).

Extras
  • Charity commission organisation page showing me as a current Trustee for a charity
  • Governors certificate and appointment email showing me as a current Governor of a secondary school.

What do you think from the checklists i submitted @clever-octopus . Thanks a lot .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should have posted this before you applied. There is so much unnecessary information. More isn’t better. Hopefully it won’t cause confusion. All you can do is wait.
Oh damn now i am very worried. Please what did i submit that was unnecessary please @nyclon . Asides what you will mention, does all else seem ok please.

Cheers .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi @clever-octopus , thanks for your message. It is just so difficult to be calm when waiting for approval. Please i had just like to run through all i submitted for you to let me know if i indeed got things right.

• I and my wife’s passport
  • My BRP
  • The consent letters signed by me, my wife and her mom (because of her name on the lease and she also provided a letter acknowledging that she has no involvement in our house).
  • Spousal declaration of support.

Finances (This is from me only)
-Letter from HR showing my permanent employment, started work since 2019 and earn over 24k salary from sept 2020 and that the payslip i am using is authentic.
-My new contract letter for promotion from sept 2020
-All 6 payslips from August 2020 -jan 2021
- Stamped Bank statement showing all my income from June 2020 to Jan 2021 (just found out that my street name had a wrong alphabet after it and i have never noticed since i changed address years ago. In my worrying state, i noticed it and i do not know if this is an issue. The house number and house name and post code are all same.Wont even notice the extra e added after the street name but i am now worried about it since i have been scrutinising everything i submitted).

Other finances
  • another bank’S stamped statement to show my flexible self employed role income which i just included even though my main job meets criteria . Added it to show that i wont resort to public funds.
  • my 2 savings accounts.
  • My stock holdings statement

English
  • My MSc certificate, transcripts and a Uni letter from a UK university.
  • My professional qualifications certificate (just as extra)

Relationship
- My marriage certificate
-My son’s birth certificate and one NHS letter from April 2020
- Pictures of me, my wife, our son from when we got married to my son’s recent 1st birthday in January 2021. Some pics has my wife’s mom in it and my siblings.

Accommodations and cohabitation
  • tenancy agreement (in my name and mom-in-laws name)
  • Council tax in my name from 2020/2021
-Joint council tax bill (May 2018 from our previous property)
-Joint ecotricity bill for dec 2018 (previous property)
-Joint ecotricity for May 2019 (previous property)
-Joint water bill (October 2019 for current property)
-Joint water bill feb 2020 (covering nov 2019 to feb 2020 in our current property)
-Joint Bulb bill (Jan 2021 for current property )
-Wife’S NHS letter Dec 2020 (current property )
-Wife’s Switch electricity bill (Oct 2018 for previous property )
- wife’s Sky bill (Jan 2019 previous property )
-Wife HTB bank letter (Aug 2019 for previous property)
-Wife Tv license bill (Jan 2021 for current property)
-My electoral roll letter (May 2018 previous property)
-My Eon Bill (oct 2019 current property)
-My Key worker letter Dec 2020
  • my Virgin Bill Jan 2021
  • My bills bank statement in only my name with cover letter as the bank does not stamp ( from June 2020 - jan 2021 and shows all the rent going out and other bills and my wife’s monthly contribution into the account).

Extras
  • Charity commission organisation page showing me as a current Trustee for a charity
  • Governors certificate and appointment email showing me as a current Governor of a secondary school.

What do you think from the checklists i submitted @clever-octopus . Thanks a lot .
TOOOOO much information may confuse the caseworker. Why not just follow the requirements. All the best doh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TOOOOO much information may confuse the caseworker. Why not just follow the requirements. All the best doh
To be honest, it was just a case of me trying to prove without doubt that i meet all criteria and then there was the nervousness and worry of being separated from my wife and son. I did read on another thread where someone said better more documents than less. Now i am even more worried.

·
Registered
51 Posts
To be honest, it was just a case of me trying to prove without doubt that i meet all criteria and then there was the nervousness and worry of being separated from my wife and son. I did read on another thread where someone said better more documents than less. Now i am even more worried.
You wont be rejected due to information overload. It might just delay the caseworker but its nothing to be too worried about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You wont be rejected due to information overload. It might just delay the caseworker but its nothing to be too worried about.
Pheew thanks @ess40 . I find talking and getting this assurances helps my anxieties in this waiting time. I so badly wanted a super-priority services as i cant handle the wait.

So i do thank you and all others like clever-octopus for your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts