Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a PEO appointment in Liverpool on Friday and I would really appreciate it if someone could take the time to have a look at my document checklist. I am applying for FLR (M) from a Tier 5 YMS visa and for the financial requirement I am applying under Category A. We have been together for 8 years, started living together in August 2013 and were married in April 2015. My partner will be coming with me. In addition to the below, we also have a separate folder with additional documents that we can provide if asked for anything else.

Application

Appointment and payment confirmation
IHS confirmation of exemption (IHS number also on application)
2 passport photos of applicant
1 passport photo of sponsor
Applicant's passport
Sponsor's passport
Application (with a note attached to say I previously receive what I believe was a Code 3 landing as I stayed longer than I told the IO as my partner’s mother died suddenly. My partner has also written a letter and we have provided the death certificate)

Financial requirement (Category A)

Sponsor’s job offer letter
Sponsor’s employment contract
Letter from HR confirming job title, annual salary (been employed since 2008 so also details the dates all pay rises came into effect), that it is a permanent, full-time contract
Sponsor’s P60 (only partial year as pay rise and promotion came into effect 1st December. Letter attached to explain this)
Sponsor’s 6 months’ payslips (issued by payroll on official payslip paper with a letter from them to say they are genuine)
Sponsor’s 6 months’ bank statements (original paper statements)

My partner’s salary is over the income threshold, however section 7.3A asks for details about “are you and/or your partner working” so I have completed the section with my employment as well – is this right? Didn’t want to answer no to a direct question about my employment so I will bring along the exact same as the above but for myself in case they ask to see them.

Accommodation

Most recent tenancy agreement (we informed our landlords that we got a cat a year into our tenancy and they issued a new tenancy agreement. Prior to this, my partner was on the tenancy agreement as the lead tenant because I was not in full time employment. Will it be a problem if I only provide the most recent? Tenancy agreement from our previous property with only my partner’s name on has been lost).
Most recent Council tax letter with both our names

Relationship

Marriage certificate
Payment receipt for wedding ceremony
Wedding invitation
10-15 photos throughout our relationship, including the wedding
Bills etc. addressed to us both

We have been living together since August 2013, however there is a gap in our correspondence between February 2014 and August 2014. This is because utility companies only send out an annual statement (and we’ve lost some) and my partner had ‘paperless statements’ with the bank, so no bank statements were sent to our house. We have a letter from our water supplier to say that the account has been in both our names throughout the tenancy and it also details all direct debits made. The only other thing I could think of with my address on them were payslips from the recruitment agency I used to work at. They were electronic but they have printed a selection from February - August for me along with a letter to say they are genuine. My partner has done the same with payslips. Is this enough to bridge the 8 month gap? Is this a huge problem? Will they at least understand that things get lost and utility companies don’t send out statements all the time? Also, we don’t have a car so basically the only correspondence we receive is bank statements, council tax, phone bills, gas/electricity and water (an annual statement). Just to clarify, this is what we have:

September 2013 Department for Work and Pensions NIN letter (Applicant)
October 2013 – Barclays letter (Applicant)
November 2013 – British Gas letter (Sponsor)
December 2013 – Disclosure and Barring Service (Applicant)
February 2014 – Barclays letter (Applicant)
February 2014 – British Gas letter (Sponsor)
Payslips from employer with address on them to cover March – August 2014 (Applicant)
August 2014 – Vet letter (Sponsor)
August 2014 – HM Revenue and Customs tax summary (Applicant)
September 2014 – Disclosure and Barring Service (Applicant)
December 2014 – Phone bill (Sponsor)
January 2015 – Credit card statement (Applicant)
February 2015 – Spark Energy statement (Sponsor)
April 2015 – Credit card statement (Applicant)
May 2015 – Yorkshire Water bill (both) and payment summary
May 2015 – NHS letter (Sponsor)
June 2015 – Lloyds letter (Sponsor)
June 2015 – DVLA letter driving licence application pack (Applicant)

I know there is more than 6 but I’m worried about that 8 month gap so trying to provide too much rather than too little.

Do you think this application has a chance of being approved?

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
Your checklist looks fine.

In regards to the financials, if you are only relying on his employment income to meet the £18.6k requirement, then you need only fill in his information and can omit yours. The bit about "are you and/or your partner working," is for people who are in a situation where the applicant is the one who is showing that the minimum threshold income is being met or those who are in a situation where both partners incomes are needed to meet the income. As your husband meets the requirement with his income alone, it's totally fine to omit your details. I didn't put down that I work part time, as my husband makes more than the minimum required - we did, however, mention that my husband is in receipt of a Disability Living Allowance.

In regards to the category "Relationship," you really just only need the marriage certificate... the fact that you have it and all of the other postal correspondence is enough to prove that you are in a durable relationship... I didn't provide anything else relating to the wedding (other than our marriage certificate) when I went for my initial FLR(M) after I got married or when I went for ILR last fall, and nothing was asked about my not having it.

In regards to the postal correspondence itself, you only need a total of 6 joint items (or 6 per person, for a total of 12 items, if they're individually addressed) over the time period in question to prove cohabitation. When I applied for ILR last October, I used our 3 joint annual Council Tax bills (2012 when I first arrived, 2013, and 2014), 1 month's joint bank account statement and 4 other individually addressed items (an NHS letter and my Driving License and paper counterpart addressed to me and my husband's annual DLA entitlement letter and one of our utility statements) to make up the correspondence requirement... the key to all of this is just to show that you have in fact been living together for as long as you are claiming for... gaps of months within a calendar year are acceptable while gaps of years are not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply! So it doesn't matter that there are some holes, so to speak, such as me not being on the tenancy agreement from our first property or the first tenancy agreement from our current property? We've been here since January 2014 with a new tenancy agreement issued in March 2015 due to the cat!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, one more question ... When it says, "What date did you/your sponsor commence your/their current employment?" do you put the date they started at that company, or the date the most recent payrise came into effect? My partner is a college lecturer and was on a .5 contract and applied for an additional .5 contract last year, so the two combined make a full-time contract. Would you put December 2014 or the date the first .5 contract was issued? The letter from HR states the start date of July 2013, should I put this?

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
It's o.k. that you are only on the most recent tenancy agreement and not the previous ones... the Home Office is more interested about your being permitted to live in the property in the first instance (which you are by virtue of being named in the agreement) and overcrowding in the home in the second instance (which you aren't) than how long your name has or has not been on a tenancy agreement. Besides, who's to say that you haven't moved a half dozen times in the last year or so... you'd have a half dozen tenancy agreements for places that you no longer live in, with the most recent one having your name on it... it's the current property where you live that is of interest to anyone.

A 3 bedroom flat that has yourself, your husband, and two kids in it is fine... everyone has a room of their own (you and your husband sharing, of course).

That same flat with yourself, your husband, the kids, and your husband's brother and sister-in-law and their four kids and your husband's parents is not o.k... while three couples could live in the flat, the fact that there are 6 children as well means that it's waaaaaay over-crowded and there isn't enough space for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
Sorry, one more question ... When it says, "What date did you/your sponsor commence your/their current employment?" do you put the date they started at that company, or the date the most recent payrise came into effect? My partner is a college lecturer and was on a .5 contract and applied for an additional .5 contract last year, so the two combined make a full-time contract. Would you put December 2014 or the date the first .5 contract was issued? The letter from HR states the start date of July 2013, should I put this?
I'd put the July '13 date that HR has on record, as your husband has been in continuous employment with the college since then (and presumably nowhere else)... as long as you and your husband meet the minimum income requirement, it's irrelevant to your application that he has applied for more work since he started with the college... the Home Office is only concerned with the bottom line (i.e. he earns the requisite £18.6k p.a.) and doesn't care if your husband is earning the minimum required while working part time or full time with the college.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you soooo much. Hopefully I will be posting some good news on Friday. Appointment is at 1:30pm on Friday so I am hoping it doesn't take too long to get a decision and we can then go out and celebrate!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you are married, you have to prove that you have met, i.e. not a marriage of convenience for the purpose of gaining a visa. If you are an unmarried couple, you have to prove that you have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage. Some people get lulled into the misapprehension that married people need to prove both, but that's not the case. That said, you seem to have things really covered.

Good luck on Friday, and let us know how it goes. People have posted their experience in Croydon; tell us about Liverpool.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I hope so Pallykin. This has been the most stressful experience, which I know everyone on the forum understands. I just don't want it to be refused because of something silly like a lost tenancy agreement or the fact we haven't provided a previous council tax letter, so have tried to provide other documents where there are some things missing.

We've been together 8 years and visited each other in Australia and the UK and have photos as proof. I think the fact my parents flew over from Australia for the wedding is even more proof that it's a genuine relationship.

This forum and the people on it have been the biggest help to me and made the application process so much easier.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your checklist looks fine.

In regards to the financials, if you are only relying on his employment income to meet the £18.6k requirement, then you need only fill in his information and can omit yours. The bit about "are you and/or your partner working," is for people who are in a situation where the applicant is the one who is showing that the minimum threshold income is being met or those who are in a situation where both partners incomes are needed to meet the income. As your husband meets the requirement with his income alone, it's totally fine to omit your details. I didn't put down that I work part time, as my husband makes more than the minimum required - we did, however, mention that my husband is in receipt of a Disability Living Allowance.

In regards to the category "Relationship," you really just only need the marriage certificate... the fact that you have it and all of the other postal correspondence is enough to prove that you are in a durable relationship... I didn't provide anything else relating to the wedding (other than our marriage certificate) when I went for my initial FLR(M) after I got married or when I went for ILR last fall, and nothing was asked about my not having it.

In regards to the postal correspondence itself, you only need a total of 6 joint items (or 6 per person, for a total of 12 items, if they're individually addressed) over the time period in question to prove cohabitation. When I applied for ILR last October, I used our 3 joint annual Council Tax bills (2012 when I first arrived, 2013, and 2014), 1 month's joint bank account statement and 4 other individually addressed items (an NHS letter and my Driving License and paper counterpart addressed to me and my husband's annual DLA entitlement letter and one of our utility statements) to make up the correspondence requirement... the key to all of this is just to show that you have in fact been living together for as long as you are claiming for... gaps of months within a calendar year are acceptable while gaps of years are not.

Sorry WestCoastCanadianGirl, I have another question ... There is a question on page 29 of the application (Section 7.3A) underneath the table that says, "You and your sponsor's total combined income from salaried employment."

What is the total I put for this? Our total combined annual income, the salary from the past 6 months we are relying on to meet the threshold, or my sponsor's current annual income? We are providing payslips December - May. One of the payslips is £2398.17 and the other 5 are £2422.17. I know they take the smallest amount so I have multiplied that by 12 (£28,788.14), however my partner's current annual salary as stated in the letter from HR is £29,066. I'm confused about which to put.

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
If you're just going by your husband's income to meet the threshold, then just put that down... I would think that it's safe to write down the £29k salary as specified by HR given that a) it more than meets the £18.6k requirement and b) a difference of £278 in your calculations vs what HR has stated is negligible in the grand scheme of things and you have the proof (via payslips) to show that even if they were to consider the lowest payslip, it still meets the required income threshold... if the payslips were around the £1550/month mark, then I'd be worried, but in your case, you're fine.

In regards to the application forms in general, it's meant to cover a number of different scenarios (sponsor only income/applicant's income only/sponsor and applicant's income) in one form, so sometimes the question(s) seem a little ambiguous.

Good luck to you! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Madeleine - I was just wondering how you got on with your application with the gap in correspondence? I am in the exact same boat where I have a solid 6 month gap between correspondence, cannot find absolutely anything in my partners name!

If anyone could look at my timeline of correspondence I would appreciate it so much!

I moved here in April 2013 and applying for FLR (M) this weekend, so I have in both of our names:
August 2013
March 2014 (so Aug 2013 - March 2014 is the big gap)
July 2014
January/February 2015
May/June 2015
September/October 2015

Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Madeleine - I was just wondering how you got on with your application with the gap in correspondence? I am in the exact same boat where I have a solid 6 month gap between correspondence, cannot find absolutely anything in my partners name!

If anyone could look at my timeline of correspondence I would appreciate it so much!

I moved here in April 2013 and applying for FLR (M) this weekend, so I have in both of our names:
August 2013
March 2014 (so Aug 2013 - March 2014 is the big gap)
July 2014
January/February 2015
May/June 2015
September/October 2015

Thank you!
Hi Marie,

My visa was approved! We went for a PEO appointment in Liverpool in June. I had no problem in the end with correspondence, however I tried to find other items to fill the gaps i.e. dated payslips from our employers with our address on them and asking HR to write a letter to say that they were genuine.

We started living together in August 2013 and were married in April 2015. There were a few months (around August - October) where I didn't receive any correspondence really because I had only just moved here and it took a while to get bank accounts etc. set up. There was another gap of about 5 months where I didn't receive anything as the main things I was receiving were paper bank statements and I stupidly forgot to notify my bank until about 8 months after we had moved! I think that the reason it wasn't a problem in the end was because they were perhaps only interested in the fact that we had lived togtether after we got married? We applied for the visa 2 months after getting married so we had plenty of correspondence to us both after that period.

Is there any way that you can perhaps call utility companies and ask for duplicate bills? I wouldn't worry about the gaps too much (just my advice!) as your correspondence does cover the whole period, but any extra would of course help. Are you going for a PEO appointment or applying by post? Maybe write a letter of explanation as to why there are gaps? That is what I did at the start of the proof of relationship section. I also wrote a note where I was including something strange like a bank statement and stapled that to it explaining why that was included. I assume both your names have been on tenancy agreements etc.? Sorry not to have been much help and best of luck to you!:fingerscrossed::)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Marie,

My visa was approved! We went for a PEO appointment in Liverpool in June. I had no problem in the end with correspondence, however I tried to find other items to fill the gaps i.e. dated payslips from our employers with our address on them and asking HR to write a letter to say that they were genuine.

We started living together in August 2013 and were married in April 2015. There were a few months (around August - October) where I didn't receive any correspondence really because I had only just moved here and it took a while to get bank accounts etc. set up. There was another gap of about 5 months where I didn't receive anything as the main things I was receiving were paper bank statements and I stupidly forgot to notify my bank until about 8 months after we had moved! I think that the reason it wasn't a problem in the end was because they were perhaps only interested in the fact that we had lived togtether after we got married? We applied for the visa 2 months after getting married so we had plenty of correspondence to us both after that period.

Is there any way that you can perhaps call utility companies and ask for duplicate bills? I wouldn't worry about the gaps too much (just my advice!) as your correspondence does cover the whole period, but any extra would of course help. Are you going for a PEO appointment or applying by post? Maybe write a letter of explanation as to why there are gaps? That is what I did at the start of the proof of relationship section. I also wrote a note where I was including something strange like a bank statement and stapled that to it explaining why that was included. I assume both your names have been on tenancy agreements etc.? Sorry not to have been much help and best of luck to you!:fingerscrossed::)
Ok thanks for your help and congrats on getting approved! I actually do have a few docs from right when I first moved over in April 2013 after we got married and when we were staying with family so I'm going to include those to be on the safe side, but in our first flat together (we moved out of his parents end of June 2013) there's just barely anything because all of the bills were included in the rent, and he didnt update his address details with anyone (urgh). The only bill I could feasibly request is with Sky and I dont think I'll be able to get one in time now (my appointment is on Saturday!)

I do have 2 council tax bills from that flat (dated August 2013 and then March 2014) so at least they are legitimate and obviously the council tax would technically cover up to the next financial year.

In our subsequent flat I have loads of bills and stuff so I have plenty to cover the rest of the time it's just that 6ish month gap that's worrying me! I will try not to be too anxious about it though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.