Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Chinese married to a British citizen and we run a successful business in partnership. I am applying for my second 2.5 year term to remain. We can easily meet the required financial threshold but the supporting documents are quite onerous and our accountant may not have finalised the accounts.

Firstly, I just want to make ABSOLUTELY sure that we can rely on one of my dependant daughter's substantial savings: she 20 and is applying with me and was just under 18 when the first application was made for leave 2.5 years ago. The savings have been held for over 6 months and we can declare that the money came from her father as maintenance and divorce settlement.

Paras 2.7, 3.1.2 and 4.2.1 (second bullet point) of Appendix FM Section 1.7 Financial Requirement appear to confirm that such savings can be used.

Secondly, the on-line version of FLR(M) calculates the level of the financial requirement for myself and my 2 children (who were both under 18 at the first application and are both over 18 now) as £18,600 whereas it should be £24,800, meaning savings of £78,000. I wonder if I've done something wrong.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.