Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Due to a mix up when we moved house we lost some old bank statements that I intended to use as proof of cohabitation from our last visa extension. The guidance says the correspondence must be original. Are official statement reprints acceptable?
Thank you.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They need to be stamped by the bank or accompanied by their letter authenticating them.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Would that still work for cohabitation evidence, though (as opposed to financial evidence)? I was under the impression that items actually had to be posted in the mail in order to be usable

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If stamping/letter is good enough for financial evidence, it should be good enough for cohabitation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both.

Additionally, if I want to use some bank statements from the last 6 months as correspondence as well as financial proof, do I need to photocopy twice?

Thank you again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Including the reprints I will ask for this is what we have currently, would anyone mind taking a look at this and let me know what you think?

APPLICANT:
--Applicants visa starts from March 2015--
April 2015 - NHS Appointment letter
October 2015 - DVLA letter
February 2016 - Council Tax statement
August 2016 - Council Tax statement
October 2016 NINo letter
February 2017 - Council Tax statement
April 2017 - Yearly bank interest statement
--Applying late June/Early July--

SPONSOR:
--Applicants visa starts from March 2015--
July 2015 -Bank Statement (this is actually in joint names but I'm putting it in sponsor only as I believe the applicant has enough sources)
January 2016 - Bank statement
February 2016 - Council Tax statement
June 2016 - Royal Mail redirection confirmation letter as we were moving home
August 2016 - Council Tax
September 2016 - BT letter stating commencement of phone services
February 2017 - Council Tax
March 2017 - TV Licence letter
April 2017 Yearly bank interest statement
--Applying late June/Early July--

I know that Royal Mail and BT aren't on their recommended sources but I guess it doesn't hurt to add them in?

Any feedback would be great, thank you.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
There are a few large gaps (6 months) they may take issue with. They shouldn't, but I've seen someone recently who was asked to provide more cohabitation evidence than the minimum she sent in. You should also try to find a way to provide evidence closer to the beginning of the visa. Do you have a joint tenancy agreement that begins at that time?

There's no real usefulness in sending in items for three consecutive months (January, February, and March) as you are asked to provide an "even spread" of documentation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.