Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I (sponsor) am checking the guidance around Correspondence letters which states 6 letters (joint) from at least 3 sources over 2.5 years.

I have indexed our joint documents on a piece of paper which is helping me understand which documents I have.

Would the following joint documents meet the requirement:

Joint:

Council Tax Letter: April 2018
Council Building Maintenance Invoice: August 2018
Council Building Maintenance Invoice: December 2018

Council Tax Letter: March 2019
Council Building Maintenance Invoice: June 2019
Nationwide Bank Statement: September 2019

Nationwide Bank Statement: January 2020
Council Tax Letter: March 2020
Council Building Maintenance Invoice August 2020

Can you please advise if the above joint letters are acceptable on their own? Or should I replace any of them with individually addressed letters to myself and my wife (applicant) so that I am providing more than 3 sources?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I would not use the building maintenance invoices, you only have 2 official sources when you need 3. You should replace the building maintenance invoices with individually-addressed letters if you have nothing else jointly-addressed. The letters still need to be from official sources.

Reactions: victorious4ever

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Clever Octopus.

Just to clarify, the invoices are from the same council and are on a letter head and are official with our names, council account number and dates etc. Are you saying I shouldnt use them because the Council tax and Council Maintenance letters count as one or because the Council Maintenance letter isnt official enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I'm saying that the council tax and council maintenance letters only count as one source.

I really try to be as clear and concise as possible when I respond in order to avoid being asked to repeat myself.

Reactions: victorious4ever

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and apologies! I just remember it was a hassle to get the maintenance letters changed to have both our names on it as it was two different departments of the council that deal with it. But thats fine.

I will find alternative letters to replace the maintenance letters. Thanks again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts