Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I was just hoping for some clarification on a few things. My wife and I are going for our second spousal visa in Dec 2017. She works for the NHS and makes 15,400 a year (up from 15250 in April). I also work a few shifts a week (approx 8 hours but varies) as well as attend Uni full time. I get paid weekly while my wife gets paid monthly. I receive a stipend from the US government during the academic year. I believe we will cover the financial requirement with both jobs but have some savings as well. My questions are:

1) Can I use her 15400 as her income or is it the lowest amount for the last 12 months? She will have made the higher amount for over 6 months.

2) Do I need to show 12 months of her income (its salaried)

3) Even though I work part time, both incomes fall under Cat A right? we have both been in the NHS over 1.5 years.

4) Should I have our payslips cover the same the same dates? I get paid weekly so it is reasonable to think that If she gets a paycheck on the 25th and I apply on the 7th of the following month I will have another payslip.

5) Should I bother putting in my savings or student stipend if we met the requirement with our work? I get paranoid that they wont accept my job in cat A lol.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
924 Posts
1) I believe they calculate using the lowest amount.

2) As you are using multiple income sources, you will be required to apply under Category B, and this dictates 12 months income.

3) I believe , as you are using multiple sources of income, it will have to be under Category B

4) That sounds fine. easily explained by your paylsips being weekly and hers not.

5) If, with your annual part time income + her annual full time income, you both earn £18,600 per annum , there is no need to evidence savings and American stipend.

All the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.