Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday is my premium appt. at Croydon. I'm here in the UK from the US on a fiancé visa and we married almost three weeks ago.

A quick review of my documents and if I'm missing anything would be great (and comforting).

Application payment sheet
Appointment confirmation sheet
IHS Surcharge complete email
IHS Transaction Confirmation
FLR(M) Application (version 04/15)
Applicant Passport photos (2) name on back
Sponsor Passport photo (1) name on back
Applicant current passport (plus three previous which include UK travel)
Sponsor current passport

Employment letter on company letterhead, signed by HR Manager
Employment contract
6 Payslips (Cat. A), last dated 31/05/15
6 months original bank statements

Letter from landlord on letterhead approving me for permanent tenancy
2015/2016 Council tax bill

Original final divorce papers for each of us
Marriage certificate
Photos (15 - 3 from the wedding) spreading over the entire relationship

12 pieces of mail - 6 for each of us
Me (Oyster card confirmation, bank in CA, health insurance billing, deposit advice from health account, deposit advice from pension in CA, new health membership cards)
Him (HM Revenue tax code notice, Council notice on voter registration, letter from GP, landline phone bill, letter from pharmacy, letter from NHS)

Thanks for any input.

Oh, and a set of copies of everything.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've been looking for a new (and bigger place) for the last year, so we never renewed the annual lease. We are currently on a month to month tenancy. I didn't submit a tenancy agreement with the fiancé visa application, just the landlord's letter, so I was hoping we could get away with it again. My husband has lived here for over eight and a half years now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm about 2 months behind you Salix so i'm basically learning from your posts! :) Hope you're wedding was good?

I have a question for you regarding the premium service appointment which you may be able to help me with due to your recent experience.

1) How far in advance did you book your appointment? We want to book ours for first week of September as wedding is 3rd week in August.

2) Did you pay the IHS before you BOOKED the appointment? (I know you need it paid before the actual appointment)

3) Does your sponsor attend with you? (I am sponsoring my fiance and was wondering if i attend with her)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes thanks, our wedding was lovely and very understated. We're an older couple so it was us, the registrars, our two witnesses and our two sons on opposite sides of the world were connected by Skype.

1 - I booked the appointment four days ago. I only did a search for availability for Saturday, we didn't want to use up another of his vacation days and we didn't want to have to juggle with getting the day off approved by his manager. Saturday just seemed simpler. So on June 14th, I did a search for appointments at any time on June 20th only. There were about fifteen appointments still available to choose from. My understanding is appointments are available six weeks in advance, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one.
2 - You don't have to pay for it before you book, but I did. About ten days ago I enrolled and paid for the appointment. They assign an IHS number to you to use on your application. You know you have to do it, so you can pay as soon as you have the funds. If for some reason you don't apply or are refused, you will receive a refund so I saw no problem with paying. I just set up the account and put it on a credit card. The day after I booked the appointment, I received an auto reply email advising me it was a requirement to pay. I ignored the email since I already had confirmation of the payment.
3 - They don't have to, you can just bring a full copy of the sponsors passport (all pages). In my case he is attending with me. My personal opinion is it looks better and to me it's a major event in our lives together. I think it's a couple thing. The paperwork does specifically say the sponsor MAY attend with you. Add to that, I didn't want to deal with traveling in on the train on my own.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Salix, just responding to wish you an easy visa extension process :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
What do you mean by application payment sheet? I have the appointment confirmation plus appointment payment as well as IHS confirmation and payment sheets.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The receipt for making the payment for the visa application and the extra £400 for premium service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.