Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I hope you're all well. I'm about to upload my wife's FLR(M) documents and I have a few questions:

My circumstances:
- Wife is the applicant and I'm the sponsor
- We're living in a 7 bedroom house with parents and sponsor's siblings
- All utilities, council tax, and tv licensing bills are on sponsor's parents name. Both sponsor and applicant just have bank statements, mobile bills and NHS letters as proofs of addresses.
- Wife changed nationality earlier this year, the change in nationality was reported to the UKVI and new BRP was issued in July 2019.
- Wife passport with vignette sticker had to be handed in because of change in nationality. She no longer has this passport. But we scanned the entire passport before handing it over.

- Key dates:
  • Vignette Sticker Start Date / Spouse Visa Start Date: 15/Feb/2017
  • First Entry in UK: 18/02/2017
  • BRP Expiry / Visa Expires: 15/11/2019
  • Submitted (paid) first FLR (M) application on: 10/10/2019

FLR(M) Documents Checklist - categorised by Sopra Steria Categories
Proof of Identify / Travel History
- Applicant's Current BRP
- Applicant Hong Kong Identity Card
- Applicant Hong Kong Passport Full - Low Res
- Applicant Hong Kong Passport Identify Page - High res scan
- Sponsor Passport Identity Page - High Res Scan

Proof of Application
- Marriage Certificate
- Islamic Marriage Document
- Consent Form Part 1
- Consent Form Part 2 - Sponsor
- Consent Form Part 2 - Sponsor's Parents
- Consent Form Part 3 - Sponsor
- Consent Form Part 3 - Sponsor's Parents
- Declaration Form for Spouses
- IHS Reference Number, Receipt and Transaction Confirmation
- FLR M Payment Receipt

Other
- Sponsor's Cover Letter (very short, talking about financially supporting wife)
- Applicant's Birth Certificate
- Applicant's Previous BRP Scan (Before change of nationality)
- Applicant's Explanation letter for change in nationality
- Applicant's Renounciation Certificate
- Applicant's Naturalisation Certificate
- Applicant's Original Passport with Vignette Visa
- Sponsor - Passport Full

Residence In the UK
- Land Registry (Sponsor's Parents Name)
- Mortgage Statement (Sponor's Parents Name)
- Sponsors Parents - Explanation letter stating they pay all utility bills (with scans of bills)
- Accomodation Permission Letter
- Property Inspection Report
- Proofs of address for applicants (Three Bill, Driver License, NHS Letters and Natwest Statement)
- Proof of address for sponsor (Credit Card, Three Bill, EE Bill, Bank Statement)

Finances
- Applicant Bank Statement - 7 Months
- Sponsor Bank Statement - 7 Months
- Sponsor P60
- Sponsor Pay Slips

Life Events
- Some Photos
- Applicant's) pregnancy ultrasound scan with date stamp

Sponsors / Employment
- Sponsor's letter of employment

Educational
- Applicant's English Test Certificate

Question Time:
1. For proofs of addresses, most of our bills are either mobile or bank statements and mainly eBills? Is this good enough? We dont have any utility bills on our names. No joint accounts or bills whatsoever.
2. Am I missing anything in that list? Most important question.
3. Consent forms part 2 and 3 are confusing. I'll be including utility bills, land registry and mortage statement, so I'm not sure if they need to sign this. Please can someone clarify who needs to sign what Part?
4. Have I submitted FLR(M) application too early? Will I need another FLR(M) or is next visa ILR?
5. I submitted the FLR(M) applicaiton on 10/10/2019 - I cannot find any UKVCAS appointment for atleast 3 weeks. This will go over the 28 day rule. My most recent payslip for this application is 25/09/2019 and bank statement is dated to 28/09/2019. Does that mean I need to reorder statement and pay slips?

Thanks for the help and I hope this benefits others aswell. ..

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
This actually has to be a FULL copy, not just the bio page:
- Sponsor Passport Identity Page - High Res Scan

Why are you including multiple scans of the same document?
- Applicant Hong Kong Passport Full - Low Res
- Applicant Hong Kong Passport Identify Page - High res scan

You DO NOT need the following documents:
- Some Photos
- Applicant's) pregnancy ultrasound scan with date stamp (completely unnecessary, this is far too personal and has nothing to do with the application)
- Sponsors Parents - Explanation letter stating they pay all utility bills (you should only provide one letter from parents which explains that you've been living with them and that they pay all utility bills. You do not need scans of bills.)
- Islamic Marriage Document (not applicable, you just need the civil marriage certificate which you are already providing)
- Consent Form Part 2 - Sponsor's Parents (this is only necessary if they are named account holders on the financial accounts that you are submitting evidence for)
- IHS Reference Number, Receipt and Transaction Confirmation
- FLR M Payment Receipt
- Sponsor's Cover Letter (you do not need any cover letters of photos)
- Applicant's Birth Certificate
- Naturalisation/renunciation documents (or explanations)

If the applicant changed nationality, they MUST have submitted an application for a new BRP within 3 months of the change. Otherwise, there's no need to include naturalisation or renunciation documents with the FLR(M) application.

1. For proofs of addresses, most of our bills are either mobile or bank statements and mainly eBills? Is this good enough
It's too difficult to say, since you have not provided dates or sources in your post. eBills are usually not good. Mobile bills are not great evidence, either. Do you not have any joint finances?

2. Am I missing anything in that list? Most important question.
No. On the contrary, you are actually going overboard.

3. Consent forms part 2 and 3 are confusing. I'll be including utility bills, land registry and mortage statement, so I'm not sure if they need to sign this. Please can someone clarify who needs to sign what Part?
Only the financial account holders (if anyone other than you or your sponsor) need to sign consent forms. The sponsor needs to sign the first consent form.

4. Have I submitted FLR(M) application too early? Will I need another FLR(M) or is next visa ILR?
It's not too early, you could have applied from July of this year. Your next application will be ILR.

5. I submitted the FLR(M) applicaiton on 10/10/2019 - I cannot find any UKVCAS appointment for atleast 3 weeks. This will go over the 28 day rule.
The 28 day rule is based on the online application submission date - NOT the appointment date. You should not provide documents dated after 10/10 since that is the date you submitted the online application.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll clear some of the unnecessary stuff.

It's too difficult to say, since you have not provided dates or sources in your post. eBills are usually not good. Mobile bills are not great evidence, either. Do you not have any joint finances?
No joint finances. Just individual bank statements. Could it be an issue?

Only the financial account holders (if anyone other than you or your sponsor) need to sign consent forms. The sponsor needs to sign the first consent form.
By "first consent form", I guess you mean Part 2?

The 28 day rule is based on the online application submission date - NOT the appointment date. You should not provide documents dated after 10/10 since that is the date you submitted the online application.
I have some documents dated after the application was submitted, i.e. accomodation permission letter, consent forms and declarations for spouses. Do I need to backdate them to 9th or 10th October?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I don't know what "Part 2" refers to since I can't view an application directly

You don't need to backdate them. The only documents which are time-sensitive are financial/employment documents and dated correspondence to prove continuous cohabitation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts