Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

About to pay the IHS fee (whenever the payment portal goes back online) and then pay the VISA fee.

1: Am I correct in thinking that there are 3 fees to pay?

IHS: £600
Visa Fee: £1464
VFS Priority fee: $749

(Please if someone could confirm these are the correct fees that would be great)

2: And, do I pay the fees, my wife goes to the Biometric appointment, then she sends all the fee receipts, forms and supporting documents off to Sheffield?

3: Then, Sheffield returns the passport etc and she goes to her VFS appointment in the USA?

4: Do I (Husband, British) have to be at the VFS appointment?

And I just want to have one final check of my list of supporting documents for the VISA application.

FLR(M) - Cat B - Visa for my wife who is currently in the USA.

Identity:
Wife’s US Passport (Original)
2 Passport pictures of wife (Name on back)
1 Passport picture of husband (Name on back)
American Marriage Certificate (Original)
Husbands Birth Certificate (Original)
Husbands British Passport (Copy of the photo page)

Relationship:
10 pages of photos together
10 pages photos of us together time dated from Facebook+Instagram (Spread across 4 years)
Flight records of us travelling to see each other/us together on same plane
Copy of both our American Drivers Licenses (Both state the same address)
4 Medical bills showing me (Husband) at the US address (Spread across 1 year)
Copy of Husbands F1 Visa (To show I lived in the USA over the stated timeline)
Bus+Train ticket printouts showing travelling to see each other when we lived apart (over several years)

Housing:
Letter from parents stating we can live at their home (Original, Signed)
Zoopla printout showing number of bedrooms is sufficient
2016-2017 Mortgage payment documents (Copy)
HM Land Registry Documents (Copy)

Finance:
3 Months payslips from current UK job (Above the minimum salary requirement)
Letter from current boss stating income, bonuses and time of contract (Original, Signed)
Contract from current job (Original, Signed)
3 Bank statements showing amount paid by company (Original, Stamped by bank)

From previous Job (Located in USA):
Contract (Original, Signed)
PIIA (Original, Signed)
8 Payslips from job (Above minimum salary requirement)

Other:
Form SU07 Sponsor document signed by me (Husband, Sponsor)
Additional information page explaining the documents and a brief timeline of our relationship
An explanation page of why there are no US bank statements

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like Joppa said u shouldn't be applying for FLRM, you should be applying for spouse settlement visa

i applied here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

don't wory about the fees, they will be sum up at the end, it's unlikely be wrong.

from my experience is, Applied Online > Make appointment at VFS > Go to VFS with printed out confirmation, all supoprting docs, passport, photos etc > submit to the officer there > got email notification of progress > got my document back by mail > go to VFS to collect my passport with Visa in it - there are option to have them DHL to address of my choice but i chosen to collect

for me am applying from Malaysia so my center is in Manila, Philippine not Sheffield UK.

I paid for priority and my visa got considered the 4th day after I submitted to VFS.- they won't tell you considered - granted or rejected, just considered. which is a bit annoying kept me anxiously waiting until I see my visa in the passport.

do be inform that VFS officers are not allowed to give any advice on the application, they just there to collect your docs. but they are very helpful and friendly to help me arranged my doc Ori & Copies, and in sequence as the check list

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like Joppa said u shouldn't be applying for FLRM, you should be applying for spouse settlement visa

don't wory about the fees, they will be sum up at the end, it's unlikely be wrong.

from my experience is, Applied Online > Make appointment at VFS > Go to VFS with printed out confirmation, all supoprting docs, passport, photos etc > submit to the officer there > got email notification of progress > got my document back by mail > go to VFS to collect my passport with Visa in it - there are option to have them DHL to address of my choice but i chosen to collect

for me am applying from Malaysia so my center is in Manila, Philippine not Sheffield UK.

I paid for priority and my visa got considered the 4th day after I submitted to VFS.- they won't tell you considered - granted or rejected, just considered. which is a bit annoying kept me anxiously waiting until I see my visa in the passport.

do be inform that VFS officers are not allowed to give any advice on the application, they just there to collect your docs. but they are very helpful and friendly to help me arranged my doc Ori & Copies, and in sequence as the check list
Thanks for the reply xbel!

Do they take the Biometrics at the VFS appointment? or do you get the Biometrics done first?

Then, you take all your docs to the VFS appointment then they mail it all out to the decision office (Sheffield in my case).

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
You only go to ASC once, run by USCIS who is contracted to process biometrics for UK visa. After giving biometrics, you or your UK sponsor send documents to Sheffield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only go to ASC once, run by USCIS who is contracted to process biometrics for UK visa. After giving biometrics, you or your UK sponsor send documents to Sheffield.
Ah ok thanks!

So, I take my priority receipt to the appointment I made when paying my IHS/Visa fees, then after that I add the Biometric confirmation form and send to Sheffield?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the reply xbel!

Do they take the Biometrics at the VFS appointment? or do you get the Biometrics done first?

Then, you take all your docs to the VFS appointment then they mail it all out to the decision office (Sheffield in my case).
they took biometrics the same day i submitted the doc at VFS. overall, i visited VFS twice, once is for submission and biometric+photo taken; the second time is to collect passport.

although I submitted 2 photos, but in the visa they used the photo taken on-the-day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.