Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am applying for the FLR (M) visa with my partner of 3 1/2 years as my current Youth Mobility Scheme visa is coming to an end.

I have been casually employed with the same company since late August 2016, but only earning the required amount to meet the minimum 18,600 annual threshold since September 2017, therefore am supplying my last 6 months of payslips. I tick all the financial boxes.

However, I am a bit worried that the letter from my employer doesn't meet what is asked of it.

I would be grateful if somebody could look over my employer's letter. I have been losing sleep over this and not sure if I need to be so worried.

WHAT IS REQUIRED:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

1. (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;

2. (ii) the length of their employment;

3. (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

4. (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

WHAT MY EMPLOYER WROTE:

Dear Sir or Madam,
Re: **MY NAME**

Thank you for your reference request for the above named. In accordance with the
company’s policy we only give standard factual references, I can confirm the following
information:

Position Held: Assistant Producer
Contractual Status: Casual
Start Date: 25th August 2016
Pay: £80 per shift

The above information is given in confidence and good faith. No responsibility can be
accepted by **THE COMPANY I WORK FOR** or any of its officers or employees for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information or for any loss or damage that may result from reliance being placed upon it.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Casual means that you are called in as and when needed. Therefore while you have earned the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum in the last 6 months, there is no certainty that you will be earning same, if at all, in the next 6 months.

You also do not have a letter/contract which states you have current employment.

This might be an issue. The ECO has no proof that you will earn the financial requirements. Having said that, if I recall correctly, people on contracts which run out a few months after their application have been told that is OK.

Does your partner not work? If so is he/she permanently/contractually employed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your reply, Crawford.

I had a meeting with my HR department today and they have agreed to put in the letter that I am currently employed.

I have a feeling that the legality of my employment is blurred. I accept work on a monthly basis, now being booked Monday to Friday. If I can't work a particular day, another casual does the job. I am not obliged to accept the work, nor is my employer obliged to give it to me.

Have other casual workers been successful in obtaining the visa?

My partner does work full time, but will have only been in the role for 5 1/2 months at the time of my visa appointment. We could reapply with his earnings, but it would be after my current YM visa expires and applying from outside of the UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.