Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is Australian, currently on a fiance visa, and wanting to get a spousal visa. We have all the paperwork, proof of relationship, proof of living together, 20 pages of pictures etc etc and have had it all checked by a lawyer and have an appointment in for 7th August.

We're doing the cash savings for the financial requirement as we are both self employed and have only just moved back to the UK in May so are not able to do it any other way.

We have 74,000 combined but in two separate accounts, one UK, one Aussie. We were advised that the last transaction date on the accounts must be the same day on both and that it needs to be within 28 days of our appointment. However we've just realised that our rent went out of one of the accounts by mistake so the last transaction dates are 13th July and 14th July but still well over the 62,500 requirement. Are we likely to be refused the visa on this basis or will we be fine? We didn't have to have matching dates for the fiance visa at all, but our lawyer was pretty adamant about it and has never had a refusal.

Otherwise we will have to wait until 22nd August to get an appointment as we'll both need to make a transaction today so that it matches and my bank won't provide me with a statement that has today's transactions on until 20th August.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have never heard that the last transactions on two accounts must be on the same day. Only that the amounts must never go below the requirement and that the statement(s) must be dated within 28 days of the date of submission. Hope someone can confirm this.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, there is no such requirement. Money can still go out of an account, provided the daily balance doesn't drop below the amount you are submitting for the last 6 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.