Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I hope someone can help me. I am a British citizen and we are hoping to apply for my wife's spouse visa extension and we are using the cash savings route to satisfy the financial requirement. My wife’s current spouse visa expires on the 21st March 2018.

My wife has £75,000 in a UK Lloyds Current Account since 4th September 2017 and hope to leave it untouched there for 6 months continuously in order to satisfy the requirement. However accidentally her card was charged £11 yesterday (27/09/2017) for an eBay invoice.

My question is: even though we are still well over the £62,500 requirement AND the daily balance hasn't dropped below £62,500 the mere fact that money had gone out of the account will we have to start over on the 6 month time clock from yesterday? Which would be a problem as 6 months from yesterday would go past her current visa expiry date.

Also are we likely to be refused the visa extension on the fact that money had gone out of the account and that the account is no longer “untouched”?

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the amount needed to meet the requirement must be untouched. You have well over the requirement so there is no need to worry.
Hi nyclon thank you for the quick reply. :)

I have another question, I started a new job on 18th April 2017 and therefore did not receive a P60 with my current employer (Although I did receive a P60 with my old employer for 2017)

My question is as I don’t have a P60 for my current employer and I won’t receive one before my wife’s spouse visa expires (her spouse visa expires on the 21st March 2018) would this cause an issue and result in my wife’s visa being refused?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are applying using savings there is no need to provide any information regarding your employment.
We are going to use Cat A with Cat D showing my wife’s cash savings and my salary. (Which is £18,612.75 on a full time, permanent contract) Would that still be a problem if I haven’t got my P60 with my new and current employer (Although I did receive a P60 with my old employer for 2017) ?

Sorry for the confusion and for not mentioning that in my initial post.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
But why would you want to apply under both categories when applying with savings, of which you have more than enough, is so much simpler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.