Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies, as I'm sure this should be obvious or someone else has posted, but I can't for the life of me find the info I require.

I am British and my wife is American. We have just recently had a baby girl, born in Britain, with a British birth certificate and she has a British passport. My wife is coming to the end of her first FLR (M) which lasted 30 months. We are currently in the process of renewing this (August 6th) - but how to include our daughters details is what is causing the problem.

My interpretation is that our daughter is not a dependent - she does not require a visa. Therefore, the application is just for my wife.

In Section 4 (dependent children), it says "As well as children who are applying as your dependants you should also include details
of all dependent children including those who are British citizens or settled in the UK." - so we have included all her details in this section.

In Section 9 (Biometric Residence Permit), Section 9.17 refers to "9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16" . Specifically, it says "Give details of the person who will be accompanying the applicant or dependant when he or
she attends their Biometric residence permit appointment". However, my understanding is that my daughter should not need a BRP as she will not be getting a visa.

Any guidance on how to complete FLR(M) when we have British children would be great. As I said, I'm sure others have came across this but I cant work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ny

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I agree that my daughter doesn't need a visa. Do you have guidance as to how to fill out the specific parts of the form I mentioned in my post.

Thanks again
Matthew

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Section 9 should be n/a as there is no dependent or applicant under the age of 16.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.