Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm just after a little peace of mind or advice regarding not being able to live with your spouse at time of application.

My fiance and I (British, Australian) are getting married in March next year and applying for FLR(M) in person shortly after before my current Tier 5 YMS Visa runs out in early April. I'm confident in our supporting documentation as we met in the UK and both live here, and have plenty of proof regarding that aspect of our relationship, but unfortunately we are currently both locked into tenancy agreements in separate shared houses until the end of May.

We split our time evenly between each other's houses so do see each other every day, which we will explain, and at the time of application I will have somewhere to live for a full 2 months before my tenancy ends so hopefully that won't be a concern to HO. We will be searching for rentals from March, we just most likely won't have anywhere signed by the time we have our appointment. I'm just a little worried that us not living together after we get married doesn't look great to HO, despite us trying our best to get that ball rolling quickly!

Has anyone had any experience with this and can advise on anything else we can do to strengthen our application? We do have a shared bank account that we are putting all our savings for our future house deposit into, which hopefully will help.
I'm sure this isn't an entirely uncommon thing, I'm just worried.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I think your situation is understandable, and for your first period of leave to remain as a spouse, you're not really expected to have evidence of living together - But you should probably make a note of your current living situation and plans to live together after getting married in a cover letter, and when you apply for your second FLR(M) application you should have been living together for the vast majority of your spouse visa. It is good to have shared commitments, and I can't foresee your first FLR(M) application being denied because you aren't living together yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.