Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my priority FLR(M) appointment this Saturday. Do I need to bring copies of all my documents?

Probably a foolish question, I'm assuming yes, but you know how you start to doubt yourself about everything in this process.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nyclon.

Just wanted to check since I'll have to scramble for them, our printer here at home is a bit dodgy.

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
I took in copies when I went (to Croydon) back in October... they were appreciative of the fact that I brought a set in for them.

Is there a Mailboxes Etc or similar copy centre near you? They can do copies while you wait... I shouldn't think it should cost you more than £10-£15 (if that) to get it done

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is it stated anywhere on forms/guidance to provide photocopies of everything? I know nyclon has loads of experience on this forum and so I would probably consider doing it next time, but how can they expect applicants to photocopy everything if they don't ask you to?

I didn't photocopy anything for my application (by post) and my documents were all returned to me. The only thing the home office kept (or threw away) were my cover letter, letters from friends/relatives, employment letter and passport photos. I scanned my documents and application form for my own personal backup.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took in copies when I went (to Croydon) back in October... they were appreciative of the fact that I brought a set in for them.

Is there a Mailboxes Etc or similar copy centre near you? They can do copies while you wait... I shouldn't think it should cost you more than £10-£15 (if that) to get it done
I'll just leave the responsibility of figuring it out up to my new husband. I'm still stuck at home (suburbs of a very small village) without a car during the day.

;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it stated anywhere on forms/guidance to provide photocopies of everything? I know nyclon has loads of experience on this forum and so I would probably consider doing it next time, but how can they expect applicants to photocopy everything if they don't ask you to?

I didn't photocopy anything for my application (by post) and my documents were all returned to me. The only thing the home office kept (or threw away) were my cover letter, letters from friends/relatives, employment letter and passport photos. I scanned my documents and application form for my own personal backup.
Thanks for the input, I'm OCD enough that I'll just make sure we have copies of everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.