Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The FLR(M) application form states that you must supply "Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years."

I was going to submit our rental contract for our time together in Germany but that is dated 2013, which is over 2 years past... and we didn't live anywhere else between 2013 and now, so we now only have rental contract from our current UK accomodation dated April 2017 which we could submit.

The problem is that we don't have much in the way of correspondence addressed to my partner (who is the applicant, I am the sponsor) as the majority of bills etc were in my name only.

Could someone advise whether if we submit items before the 2 years they would simply not be accepted? For instance, the rental contract from 2013.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
924 Posts
What initial leave is your partner here on? FLR (M) clearly states that correspondence evidence needs to be over the last 2 years or since your original leave to remain in UK began. German rental agreement does not meet either of these criteria.

Does your partner receive bank statements in their name? Doctor's letters? Pension statements? Anything else official?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kimi, thanks for the reply.

She's here on FP, it is about to expire and we are considering applying for FLR(M) as opposed to RC as I believe this is an available route (I know a few people who have done this successfully).

Are you saying that as her initial "leave to remain" or in FP case "right to remain" began when she entered the UK, that we only need to supply documentation since she arrived in the UK?

If this is the case, then we have more than enough correspondence in both our names.

I'd be grateful if you could clarify.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Aah apologies, I am completely unaware of rules for FP (EU family permit?) to FLR (M) so disregard my advice. Not sure what evidence you have to show in this case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.