Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be applying for flr (m) next month and have a couple of questions regarding the paperwork:

- I am getting married a week before applying in person. Should I use miss or mrs in the form? (All of my docs and proof of address are under miss, and I will not be changing my name after getting married)

- 2.3 (page 11): "Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories." I have been in the UK for 10 months on a Tier 5 visa, so just to confirm I should mark: "You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner". Correct?

- 6.8 (page 21): "Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years." I have lived in my current address with my sponsor for 8 months. We did not live together before then. Should I put down: all previous addresses I have lived in (2 years preceding application) or all previous addresses both of us have lived in (separately)? How is that supposed to fit in only 3 boxes?

- 6.9 (page 21): "If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?" I am currently on a tier 5 visa, so I should skip this question. Correct?

- 6.23 (page 23): "What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?" We are just getting married at the registry. What should I write in here?

- 7.3 (page 27): "From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement." I am going to use my salary as the main source of income (as my sponsor has just switched jobs, I thought it'd be easier). So, I will be ticking "Income from salaried employment" and completing section 7.3A. Under "Current annual salary", should I just put in my annual salary or add mine and my sponsor's?

- 9.15 (page 47): "Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad". I got my current tier 5 visa in Brazil, but am not sure what I should fill in here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could anyone please help with the questions above?
Even if you only know the answer to 1 or 2 questions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be applying for flr (m) next month and have a couple of questions regarding the paperwork:

- I am getting married a week before applying in person. Should I use miss or mrs in the form? (All of my docs and proof of address are under miss, and I will not be changing my name after getting married)

Where does it ask for title? Mrs as you'll be married.

- 2.3 (page 11): "Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories." I have been in the UK for 10 months on a Tier 5 visa, so just to confirm I should mark: "You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner". Correct?

Yes

- 6.8 (page 21): "Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years." I have lived in my current address with my sponsor for 8 months. We did not live together before then. Should I put down: all previous addresses I have lived in (2 years preceding application) or all previous addresses both of us have lived in (separately)? How is that supposed to fit in only 3 boxes?

Current and previous individual even if some overlap. Won't 3 addresses cover 2 years unless you moved a lot? Can photocopy and attach another page if needed.

- 6.9 (page 21): "If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?" I am currently on a tier 5 visa, so I should skip this question. Correct?

Write N.A.

- 6.23 (page 23): "What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?" We are just getting married at the registry. What should I write in here?

Civil Ceremony

- 7.3 (page 27): "From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement." I am going to use my salary as the main source of income (as my sponsor has just switched jobs, I thought it'd be easier). So, I will be ticking "Income from salaried employment" and completing section 7.3A. Under "Current annual salary", should I just put in my annual salary or add mine and my sponsor's?

Just put yours if you meet requirement. If you add you need to evidence that too.

- 9.15 (page 47): "Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad". I got my current tier 5 visa in Brazil, but am not sure what I should fill in here.

Not sure but whatever embassy that was?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Answers above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.