Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background info: I am a UK citizen, my wife is Filipino, we met and were married in Cyprus (where she was living at the time). We sorted out the spouse visa (issued for 33 months) and she arrived in the UK on the 21st March 2015.

I have some questions regarding the FLR(m) application form (April 2017) and would appreciate your thoughts:

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

This one has confused me! She applied for the spouse visa outside of the country, was granted 33 months, so this FLR(m) application is our:

1) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner) or

2) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner).

I’m thinking 1) but I just wanted to check as I read some conflicting info when using the search bar on the forum :/

7.3 You or your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application and your combined total earnings must meet the specified amount at 7.3A (xiv) for this 6 month period. If not, does you and your sponsors income from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

I’ve been earning over £18,600 for the last 4 years. The following figures are not my actual salary but are used to demonstrate my situation. I got a pay rise in July 2017 of £1000, to £25,000. Therefore June, May, April, March, February show £24000.

As £25,000 is written in 7.3A (xiv) do I have to include 12months? Will the P60 cover this?

8.4 Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body

My wife took an IELTS test, following guidance on the UKVI website and passed the test.
We have a certificate but we I do not know which number this is. I have a “UKVI Number” or a “Test Report Form Number”. Is anyone familiar with which goes in the box? I’ll include the certificate anyway and make a note.

8.7 If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.

Are things like, my wife works in the NHS, we want to build a family here, buy a house etc required? I presume we can include this in a cover letter?

Thanks again

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
2.3 is indeed 1), first period of leave to remain following initial entry clearance.

7.3 If you are salaried and your salary changed in the past six months, that's fine, but you rely on your lowest level of pay in the 6 month period, so your salary for the application should be stated as £24,000 (but do include the pay rise letter from HR with your application). You still only have to include 6 months if you are applying via Category A (6 months+ with the same employer).

8.4 I believe it's the UKVI number but yes do include the certificate.

8.7 Not really required and a cover letter isn't particularly necessary for FLR(M). I would think this section is more for people who would face extreme difficulty if they had to make a life in another country, but I don't think it has any real bearing on the outcome of your application.

Reactions: AlyAtt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answers :)

I've now got my employer letter to explicitly mention the July payslip has the higher salary whilst February through June are the lower.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a question on the same topic: 2.3. The options are:

- First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or
as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an
initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6
months).

- You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to
enter/remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave
or humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a
settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.

- Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a
settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or
as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person).

- Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled
person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, as a child of
a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period
of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

For me, the first option seems right, but what about the bit at the end which says 6 months? What does that mean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.