Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

It’s time! I’ve got all the docs ready for my wife’s FLRM application in a week’s time. Do you think we’re good to go?

#######################################################

First arrival in the UK: 24/12/2014
Visa Expiry: 25/08/2017
Intended Application method: Paper and postal application
Visa fee: £993 (filling credit card details) + IHS £500 (to be paid online) = £1493

1. Applicant

FLRM Form – paper version (April 2017), filled by hand
Payment confirmation printout
IHS fee reference printout
Passport
2x passport sized photos – name written on the back
Original Marriage Certificate with certified translation

Photocopy of the marriage certificate

1.1 English Language Requirement
Bachelors Degree Certificate

Photocopy of the degree certificate

2. Sponsor

Passport
1x passport sized photo - name written on the back

2.1 Financial Documents
Letter from employer
6 months salary slips
6 months postal bank statements

3. British Child
Passport
GP correspondence letter- dated within 3 months from August

Photocopy of the letter

4. Accommodation
(The property belongs to my brother and I have rented it out. My brother’s home address, including poll card, is registered to this address, but he is living at a separate address with his family)
Brother’s letter
Tenancy agreement

Photocopy of the tenancy agreement.

5. Correspondence Evidences.

Applicant’s 4 letters, sponsor’s 4 letters and 3 joint (1 extra), as shown below

Jan........A-DWP.......S-BS.......A-GP
Feb
March
April.......J-CT..........J-CT........J-CT
May
June.......S-PC.........A-PC........S-GP
July
Aug
Sep
Oct.........A-BS.........S-1
Nov
Dec

DWP- NI number letter, STW – water bill, 1 – electricity bill, CT – council tax, BS – bank statement, GP – GP letter
PC- poll card

Photocopy of all the above letters

#######################################################

I hope I am not missing anything. I’d highly appreciate if you could share your comments.

Thank you.

Reactions: Akos85

·
Registered
579 Posts
3. British Child
Passport
GP correspondence letter- dated within 3 months from August
Why are you providing these if the child is British? I'm also applying for FLR-M next month, so just asking. Does section 12 include dependants who are not applying?

You need to also include the Birth Certificate.

Why are you sending GP correspondence? I've not included any for my British Child.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The child is British, you know that but how would UKVI know that? It's been asked in the guidance to provide either the passport or birth certificate, NOT both. You must include any children, whether they're British citizen or not under section 4 (in paper application form).

'As well as children who are applying with you, you should also include details of any dependent
children not applying with you, including those who are British citizens or settled
in the UK.'

They also want us to prove that the child lives at the same address with parents, to show parental responsibility. So the letter satisfies that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The child is British, you know that but how would UKVI know that? It's been asked in the guidance to provide either the passport or birth certificate, NOT both. You must include any children, whether they're British citizen or not under section 4 (in paper application form).

'As well as children who are applying with you, you should also include details of any dependent
children not applying with you, including those who are British citizens or settled
in the UK.'

They also want us to prove that the child lives at the same address with parents, to show parental responsibility. So the letter satisfies that.
UKVI will know the child's nationality soon as they tap in his/her passport number into their system or by seeing the original Birth Certificate/Passport.

Anyways, I have completed section 4. But where does it ask for correspondence for the British child? Or have you just included it yourself?

I have letters addressed to the baby so that's not an issue, but just want to know if it's required or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll leave the passport out and include child's BC with it- I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need both..

A premium service applicant was asked by the ECO at the in person application centre, specifically asking for an evidence of letters under British child's name. Luckily she had some NHS letters under baby's name.

Download the paper application and go to page 64 and 65. Its mentioned in there. It sounds like it's only for dependant children but it applies to all your dependent children including those with British citizens.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks, I'll leave the passport out and include child's BC with it- I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need both..

A premium service applicant was asked by the ECO at the in person application centre, specifically asking for an evidence of letters under British child's name. Luckily she had some NHS letters under baby's name.

Download the paper application and go to page 64 and 65. Its mentioned in there. It sounds like it's only for dependant children but it applies to all your dependent children including those with British citizens.
Thanks, I don't have any letters addressed to our baby within 3 months, their all much much older.

Did you get a letter especially done from the GP for this purpose? Is it the 1 letter you're including?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, you need just one evidence and yes again, I spoke to the surgery receptionist and requested any form of letter addressed to our baby. She sent us a letter confirming her registration at the surgery (just for visa purpose). You could try that as well.

I just read through the form again and at the bottom of page 64..

'If you have dependent children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18
and who have already been granted leave in this category as your dependent), you must
provide the documents listed below for each child, in addition to those already listed above,
even if they are not included in the application:
• Passports/travel documents to confirm your child’s immigration, settlement or citizenship
status.
• Biometric residence permit if your child has been issued with one since entering the UK.'

This tells we need to include the passport as well I guess.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yeah, you need just one evidence and yes again, I spoke to the surgery receptionist and requested any form of letter addressed to our baby. She sent us a letter confirming her registration at the surgery (just for visa purpose). You could try that as well.

'If you have dependent children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18
and who have already been granted leave in this category as your dependent), you must
provide the documents listed below for each child, in addition to those already listed above,
• Passports/travel documents to confirm your child’s immigration, settlement or citizenship
status.
• Biometric residence permit if your child has been issued with one since entering the UK.'

You're right. I, too will be including the passport and a letter from the GP.

Thanks.

Reactions: Akos85

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one. Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts

status.

Hi mate
the guidance you say page 64 could you plz give me a link to that so I can look at the guidance for FLR (M) as I will be applying in Dec too and I have 2 children who are british born and will help me a lot thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any other comments please?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

I can't see any more comments coming through on my checklist. So I'd take it that we're good to apply without further documents.

One last thing...I'm only including photocopies of letters that I need them to return to me. Is this okay or is it mandatory to include a complete set of copies?

I'd highly appreciate if anyone can confirm this.

Cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi again, can you maybe post what the letter from the GP says so I know what they should include. Also is it address to your child or Parent or Guardien of...?

Thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey,

It's a very short letter firming my daughter is registered with the surgery and it says:

..................Letterhead shows the surgery logo and address................NHS England

Miss XXX XXXXXX
No Street
Wollaton
Nottingham postcode

6 July 2017

This is to confirm Miss XXX XXXXXX is registered with Wollaton Medical Centre and her doctor is Dr XXX XXXXX.

signed

XXX XXXXXX
Secretary

Reactions: i.need.help

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey,

It's a very short letter firming my daughter is registered with the surgery and it says:

..................Letterhead shows the surgery logo and address................NHS England

Miss XXX XXXXXX
No Street
Wollaton
Nottingham postcode

6 July 2017

This is to confirm Miss XXX XXXXXX is registered with Wollaton Medical Centre and her doctor is Dr XXX XXXXX.

signed

XXX XXXXXX
Secretary
Does the letter say "Dear MISS XXX XXXXXX" ?

Also are you providing anything to cover the two points below? It's from page 65.

Evidence of your and/or any partner’s parental responsibility for the child/children.

Evidence of where you and/or any partner lives, as the parent of the child/children
The second point, is that covered by the cohabitation letters we are providing?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope, no 'Dear' is mentioned in mine.

Yeah, I'd think that the second point is covered by the cohabitation letters. For the first point I'd argue that UKVI wants see the child is residing at the same address as parents. So the GP letter would answer that.

It says:
'Evidence of where your child/children normally lives and that you and/or any partner play an active role in their upbringing. This evidence should be dated within the last 3 months and can include:
Official correspondence addressed to the child/children;
▪▪Doctor’s/hospital letters on official headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered
▪▪School/nursery letter(s) on headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered address.
▪▪If you have access rights to your child a court document issued by the courts showing
your access rights; and/or evidence from your former partner that you have access
rights.
▪▪Evidence of your and/or any partner’s parental responsibility for the child/children.
▪▪Evidence of where you and/or any partner lives, as the parent of the child/children
▪▪Evidence of anything else you would like us to consider regarding your child’s life, both
in the UK and outside the UK.'

They haven't given how many evidence they want to see. So just one, GP letter would do I guess.

Can you not get a letter from the nursery as well? My little one doesn't go to a nursery. Fully cared, pampered and well looked after by mummy at home :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nope, no 'Dear' is mentioned in mine.

Yeah, I'd think that the second point is covered by the cohabitation letters. For the first point I'd argue that UKVI wants see the child is residing at the same address as parents. So the GP letter would answer that.

It says:
'Evidence of where your child/children normally lives and that you and/or any partner play an active role in their upbringing. This evidence should be dated within the last 3 months and can include:
Official correspondence addressed to the child/children;
▪▪Doctor’s/hospital letters on official headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered
▪▪School/nursery letter(s) on headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered address.
▪▪If you have access rights to your child a court document issued by the courts showing
your access rights; and/or evidence from your former partner that you have access
rights.
▪▪Evidence of your and/or any partner’s parental responsibility for the child/children.
▪▪Evidence of where you and/or any partner lives, as the parent of the child/children
▪▪Evidence of anything else you would like us to consider regarding your child’s life, both
in the UK and outside the UK.'

They haven't given how many evidence they want to see. So just one, GP letter would do I guess.

Can you not get a letter from the nursery as well? My little one doesn't go to a nursery. Fully cared, pampered and well looked after by mummy at home :)
Same, not of nursery age yet.

Do you think it would be ok to add in the GP letter...

"XXXXX's parent's Mr XX XXXX and Mrs XX XXXX are also registered at the same GP surgery?"

Or is it best to just keep it about the baby being registered there as it's addressed to baby?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't think you should include parents registration details in that letter. Just make a request over the phone and when you get the letter, see what's been included. What ever the surgery includes in the letter, I think it'd be okay with UKVI, so long as it addressed to your child/children.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi

Can you please advise if you are applying for FLR (M) and you have one child born in Uk, does the sponsor need to meet income threshold of £18,600 or £22,400?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.