Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if someone could help me answer some quick (and hopefully) easy questions.

Background: My wife entered the UK on a fiancée visa in Nov 2012. We got married, filled out an FLR (M) application (which was successful) in Jan 2013 and received a biometric card. The biometric card expires in on 6th August 2015.

My Questions:

1. I am assuming it is the FLR (M) application we need to complete again?

2. I'm hoping to send the application by post. My wife is an American and we had no problem with fiancée visa or spouse visa when we did the premium service beforehand. Is there anything I need to be aware of by submitting the application by post (a part from the extended lead time)? The only reason for submitting by post is that fact that we would be able to save some money on the process.

3. At what stage can we re-apply for an extension prior to the expiry date on the biometric card (i.e. I don’t what to send the application form too early, nor too late)

4. It’s the first time I’ve come across the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge. Am I right by assuming I have to pay an additional £500 now prior to submitting the application?

Any help would be much appreciated… I hope we are not too late to apply by post.

Thank you in anticipation, Ali

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
1-yes
2-no, same procedure other than method of application
3-28 days before visa expires (I believe, someone will correct me if I'm wrong)
4-yes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1-yes
2-no, same procedure other than method of application
3-28 days before visa expires (I believe, someone will correct me if I'm wrong)
4-yes
Thanks Salix ... With regards to the postal waiting times, i've read it takes 1-3 months on average for an extension. If that is the case and we apply 28 days prior to expiry date and its takes 2 months for the decision to be made, can my wife still work in that one month after expiry and prior to the decision being made?

Please correct me if i'm wrong re processing times!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I believe you are correct on the processing times, especially now going into the summer travel season.

As long as she has applied (mailing date) before the expiration of the current visa, it is still in effect until a decision has been made on the new application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.