Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was refused entry several years ago into the UK and am now applying for FLR(M) within the UK, transferring from my Tier 4 Student Visa.

It was pretty obvious how to declare my refusal on the student visa application, I'm confused about anywhere I would declare it on the FLR(M) application.

Question 5.6 seems to come closest: "Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any county, including the UK in the past 10 years?"

Technically, I never "entered" the UK when I was refused entry, and this question doesn't apply to me, right? On the student visa application, that same question exists in addition to one that asks "6.5 Have you ever been refused entry on arrival to the UK?".

I'm not interested in hiding anything, and I'm already planning on including an explanation with the FLR(M) application that I included with my student visa application (the student one seemed to work and was based on some very sound advice from this forum!).

Thanks in advance for any help- you all have been such a fantastic resource!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The questions don't require you to give details of your denied entry, but you are quite correct to include a paragraph in your covering letter. The reason why it isn't included is that you are already here on a long-term visa and you have already declared - and been cleared by previous immigration decision, in your case when you applied for Tier 4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.