Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is in the UK on a spouse visa issued under the new rules. He's currently employed however we are considering the possibility of starting our own small business.

Ideally, I would like my husband not to be considered self employed, as I think this could make things difficult / more complicated in the future in terms of visas, getting credit / mortgages etc. Our thinking is therefore that the business could be registered in my name (although I would remain employed full time in my current job) and I would 'employ' my husband to manage the business day to day.

So, my question is would that set up be acceptable by the UKBA when we come to apply for FLR(M) in 2 years time?

Will we even need to evidence my husband's employment or the business if my employed salary exceeds the financial threshold?

Is there any guidance published yet detailing the evidence that will be require for the visa extension?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you meet the financial requirement on your own there is no need to give any information about your husband's employment or salary.

You'll need the same documents that you needed for the spouse visa supporting the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements. For the relationship requirement, you'll need your marriage certificate as well as bank accounts, bills etc addressed to each of you and jointly. Since you presumably live together, you won't need things like email and Skype logs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.