Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are gathering some evidences of correspondence for my wife's first FLR(M) application, we'll apply soon as we booked an in-person appointment in early August. A little bit background we started living together from August 2016 and then got married last month, the problem we have is we are quite thin on documents on the first 6 months for my wife from Aug 2016 to Jan 2017, to make it evenly spread we may need 2 to 3 pieces of documents to cover that period. The only thing we have during that time is payslip from my wife's employment, that is original and given to her during work day (not post but have our address on it) , is that okay for correspondence?
Otherwise the only other thing we can do it is to ask bank to print statements during that period but again that is not posted, will that be okay?

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
If this is her first period of leave to remain as a spouse/partner, you don't need extensive evidence of living together. Just provide what you have. The cohabitation evidence (6 pieces of joint post) will be required for her next period of leave in 2.5 years, but it's really not even a requirement to have lived together at all before now (many people for religious or traditional reasons don't live together before marriage). So anything you have is ok at this point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but it's really not even a requirement to have lived together at all before now (many people for religious or traditional reasons don't live together before marriage). So anything you have is ok at this point.
I understand in previous version of FLR(M) form, it was more explicit in saying providing cohabitation evidences is a requirement for unmarried partner and for extension application only. However, the wording in current version seems more vague. Just hope the case worker can be reasonable when comes the application appointment.

Thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can get and maybe write a letter to explain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.