Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I live in a one bedroom flat (we are the only people living there). I assume we do not need a property inspection report.

What do we need to show adequate accommodation? We have the lease (we are both listed as tenants), but it was electronically signed. Is this acceptable? Or should I get the letting agency to stamp it?

Thanks, as always.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
You don't need a property inspection report unless there are other tenants at the address.

Most people show a tenancy agreement, and either a council tax statement or recent utility bill.

All documents must be original (or authenticated by signature/stamp) if at all possible. They may accept copies, but it's not guaranteed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with DocuSign is that there is no traditional original document (with a wet ink signature), all signatures are electronic. I'll ask the letting agency to stamp each page and do some sort of cover letter to confirm it is original. Hopefully that will work.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
To be fair, I've seen people accepted with a printed (i.e., not original) copy of a tenancy agreement. It's more likely they would scrutinise the authenticity of the financial statements or payslips, if anything, and if you have other evidence like council tax and utilities to back it up, I don't think it's a huge risk to apply with your electronic/printed tenancy agreement. It's just best to have originals if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.