Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. First of all these forums are simply lifesavers. I will be helping my wife apply for her FLR in less than a years time.
From the time she arrived we lived in a friends rented 1 bedroom flat which he let us use as he's mostly away. Now my worry is that we haven't really got enough evidence like a tenancy agreement, council tax bills but we have got utility bills, bank statements in our names for that address together with my employment documents.
With less than a year left until we have to renew her stay we want to rent our own property and have the necessary requirements.
Will it be a problem for not showing proper proof of accommodation from the time she entered UK until now.
Thank you

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No. You only submit your current accommodation details at the time of renewal. But do keep collecting evidence of co-habitation, such as joint bank account, joint bills and official letters addressed to you jointly or singly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. You only submit your current accommodation details at the time of renewal. But do keep collecting evidence of co-habitation, such as joint bank account, joint bills and official letters addressed to you jointly or singly.
Hi Joppa,

thank you for your reply. so apart from joint bills, statements and correspondences they wouldn't mind where we were staying up until now. will they need a letter from my friend and since its a 1 bedroom flat would they need an inspection report. I might be overthinking it and if could supply proper accommodation documents of us close to the renewal date it wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If , by the time of your visa application, you have moved to a new accommodation, you need to submit NOTHING in relation to your old accommodation, except proof of cohabitation, which you appear to have aplenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.