Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm reapplying for my FLR(M) visa the second time around (5 year route) and just had a few questions to ensure that I'm supplying everything needed for my application.

From my understanding, the only things that I need to supply for my second application are as follows - Is this true?:

Myself (Partner):

- 6 bills addressed to myself over the last 2-2 1/2 years
- Employment contracts / payslips from the last 1-2 years
- Bank Statements from the last 6 months - 1 year showing salary paid into account each month
- Letters sent from the Home Office from my last visa application, showing my reference number
- Passport / Visa
- 2 photos of myself
- Letter from my partner's parents outlining the amount of time we've lived with them in this last 2 - 2 1/2 year period (This has only been recent in the last two months)
- Land registry for my partner's parents' property

My Partner:

- 6 bills addressed to him over the last 2-2 1/2 years
- Employment contract / payslips from the last 1-2 years
- Bank statements from the last 6 months - 1 year showing salary paid into account each month
- Copy of passport
- 1 photo of him

I just have a few queries...

- Do we only need to provide a copy of his passport and not his physical passport for this application? I know that for my first application we had to provide the physical passport, so want to make sure.

- If we have 2 council tax bills in joint names, do we deduct this from our 6 bills each requirement? Or how would this work?

- When we applied for my first visa, he worked at a different company, but was made redundant and then got a new job since (about 1 1/2 years ago) - Do we need to show proof of a P45 from the last job, or should I only show his contract / payslips from this current job he has?

- If I'm making my application online, how does this work? Do I just fill it out online, pay for everything online, print it out and include it when I post everything else? Seems too easy considering I had to fill out a paper application last time!

- Do we have to include any cards / letters / photos like we did last time, to prove we're in a relationship? I'm not sure if it's different for partners vs. spouses?

Not sure if I'm missing anything else..Please let me know if I am!!

Thanks so much in advance!! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What financial category are you applying under?
Hi Nyclon,

Thanks for the quick response! It would be under my partner being the main income earner (His salary is £28,000 p/a) but I'm not sure if it's also worth showing my employment status / income as well?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, in regards to the application:

Do I have to list every time I've been out of the UK since my visa was issued if it was for less than 3 months? I've already done so, but just want to ensure that by doing so I'm not jeopordising my application..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Category A? If he meets the financial requirement on his own then you only need to submit his information. His previous job is irrelevant.
Alright, thank you for confirming!

In regards to the other queries - such as whether or not we need to provide his physical passport, cards/letters, and the documents we already have that we're including - Is this all correct?

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You only need a copy of the bio page of his passport and you only needed a copy for your 1st visa.

You don't need cards and letters. What proves your relationship is your correspondence at the same address.

You need your marriage certificate.

Are you currently living with his parents?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're not married - Just partners.

We are currently living with his parents - Have been since beginning of April, but lived in the same flat from the start of my last visa until April. Can we just supply a copy of the land registry / a letter from his parents claiming we're living there, or is there anything else we need to supply?

Also in regards to the application online - He needs to sign a declaration of us being tog ether, but is there anything else in that respect that he needs to supply?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Ok, sorry. I misunderstood.

If you are currently living with his parents you need the deed or land registry, a letter of permission from them, a council tax or other utility bill in their name and a property inspection is strongly recommended to independently prove there is no overcrowding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.