Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Joppa. You were of great help when i applied first time around for my husbands spouse visa.

Now i am applying for flr after 2.5yrs and need help concerning the financial info and a few other things.

I applied through my employement and cash savings the first time around. This time for flr the situation is the same but my husband is working and we will again use cash savings. My husband is showing less on his employement contract than on his wage slips for the past 6months. Which figure are we to use for our income? And the last time we used the wage slip with the lowest amount of money for the 6 months is that still the case?

What category do i apply for if im using employement and cash savings?

His visa expires 3rd august this years whats the earliest and latest that we can apply we will be applying by post?

If we apply by post do we complete the paperform application or can we still do it online?

We get tax credits will this be an issue of any sort?

Thanks a million these the only questions for now.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Figures on wage slips. If he is in salaried job.
#2 Possibly Cat A and D.
#3 Read the sticky above.
#4 You can do either. Many prefer the paper form.
#5 No, but can't use it to meet financial requirement. They will check you have declared that your husband has no recourse to public funds by ticking a box on the tax credit application.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for that joppa. Few more.

1. If i do the online then like the first time do i print a copy and attach with documents and send off?

2. Do we need to sent in bank statements for all accounts or only the one with cash saving ie. Cash isa?

3. His visa is due to expire 3rd august. Do i have to include the month of june and july or can the last month for financial be may?

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And lastly one main question. We live with my parents we do not pay bills. The only evidence have in joint name is one bank account.

Can we provide seperate proof of address for each and how many would we need in that case for each?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I can answer your query about the online process- if you do the form online, there is nothing to print, other than a document checklist at the end, which outlines what documents you need to submit with your application and confirms that you have paid your visa fees and IHS surcharge.

You post this document along with your supporting documents to Sheffield.

As you have one piece of joint evidence, you need to provide 5 individual pieces addressed to you and 5 individual pieces addressed to your partner, scattered throughout the 2.5 years, ensuring that there are at least 3 different sources in this.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
924 Posts
PS- if you are applying this month, you need to ensure that all financial documents are within 28 days of your date of application. May will suffice (as long as it is still within 28 days of application.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks kimi for your help on part of it. Thats clears up a lot. Just one further question. Since his visa expires on 3rd August, am i right in thinking i apply 28days prior to that for postal? Or can i apply later?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And also when you mention 28days from the application do you mean application started date or submission date?

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Thanks kimi for your help on part of it. Thats clears up a lot. Just one further question. Since his visa expires on 3rd August, am i right in thinking i apply 28days prior to that for postal? Or can i apply later?
Read the sticky at the top of the page which explains when you can apply.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Financial documents need to be within 28 days of when you press submit on your online application.

Yes do read the sticky on top of the page to determine when you can apply for your renewal. My visa expires in August too and I'm sending my postal application on Friday.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can not view the sticky on my phone but will have to have a look on the laptop. Kimi is that not too early to be sending it off in june if it expires in august?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are nowhere near ready in getting it done yet and where hoping to send it via postal 28days prior to visa expiry date. Now i will need to check but i hope its not too late. Your getting me worried.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is perfectly fine to apply now, if visa expires in August. However , it is also perfectly fine to post your application 2 days before your visa expiry date (as long as the application gets to them before your visa expires).

I just prefer to do it sooner rather than later, that's all. Do not worry, you have time. Get your application prepped and send.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Here is what the sticky says- "If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service) or send off your application by post.

If you switched your leave within UK from fiancé(e) visa or any other non-visit visa (such as Tier 4 student, Tier 5 YMS or Tier 2 General) to leave to remain as spouse/partner on form FLR(M), your leave will be for exactly 30 months so you can renew up to 28 days before its expiry. This is also the case for ILR (settlement) application after being in UK for 5 years.

If you wish to renew or extend a non-settlement visa such as Tier 4 or Tier 2, there is no stipulation about how many days in advance you can apply, but your next leave will be valid from the date of issue, even if you had some days left on your previous visa or leave. Something to bear in mind if you can qualify for ILR after a stipulated period of residence, such as Tier 2 General. They usually allow up to 3 months short of prescribed period but naturally you don't want to cut it too finely.

If you renew your visa before the expiry date, the unexpired days of your previous visa are usually added to the new leave. Just bear in mind when you come to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain), as you will be able to apply some time before the expiry of your visa, i.e. 30 months on your visa, minus up to 28 days. Don't work it from the expiry date. "

Hope that clarifies.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For example- I entered the country on 29th November 2014 on my current leave. 30 month anniversary to this is 30th May 2017. So, I am eligible to apply for a renewal from 30th May 2017 minus 28 days. So really, I can apply for my FLR (M) from 1st week of May onwards.

I applied on 31st May. Just sending supporting docs tomorrow. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks kimi you have cleared up a lot of the worry. My husband got his visa on 7th november 2015 and arrived to the uk on 5th december 2015. Now he also then went back to his home country in january for 2-3weeks. My question is with him going back home for 2-3weeks how does that affect the application now?

·
Registered
924 Posts
His trip back to his home country does not affect the application at all. The clock starts from the day he first enters the country on his spouse visa.

But, don't you mean 5th December 2014? if it is 2015, he is not due renewal for another full year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
FLRM extension

Hello dear people,

If you could please help me with few questions from this form.

Joppa, your assistance is much appreciated! :)

I am about to extend my spouse visa in July.

1. So, if my husband who is the sponsor had a 20 days break in employment in March, are we OK under B route if he is currently on <18,600 in his present employment and in total for the last 12 months he will also have <18,600 (his previous and current employment combined). I understand this is the rule but please advise if I am wrong?

2. When I called UKVI in regards to my English certificate it was so easy to reach them however now they put me on hold and no one is answering.
I wanted to check 'original documentation' term as we have online bank statements and payslips which will be printed and signed/stamped by the bank and HR. No one is issuing 'originals' and everything is now online.

I am particularly worried about P60 which we didn't received in the post but the only one available is printed copy which can be downloaded and our payroll is saying this is all they can provide! At the top there is in bold: this is a printed copy of your P60.

3. We are not applying under the combined income as he is on <18,600 but shall I also provide my finance details?
particularly:
Q 7.3. Indicate the financial source and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely?
Current annual salary: combined or only his?

4. 6.33. DO you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
What shall I answer here, I pay few utility bills and my husband pays for the rent and few more bills, shall I mention that?

And the last question but from the beginning of the form (pg 12)

What is the correct answer I should select:

Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person)...

OR

Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person...

Thank you very much for your time in reading and answering this!

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
are we OK under B route if he is currently on <18,600
Do you mean >18,600? What you've written means "less than 18,600".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.