Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLR documents

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Bosna 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

We will applying for FLR early next year I'm wondering if somebody can point in the right direction ? I have completely forgot what documents we would need to submit. My via expires in June 2018- we were thinking beginning of April would this be ok?

If any of you kind people could maybe let me take a look at your check list (I know every situation is completely different) just the basics we're currently living with my wife's parents

Thanks everyone

#2 ·
Make sure you are collecting all of the official post addressed to you jointly and separately. Don't go paperless for any bills or statements. You'll need these documents from the beginning of your current visa to show you've been living together the whole time.

The span of financial documents you need depends on how you're meeting the financial requirement. For those in salaried employment, it's either 12 months or 6 months up to the date of application.

Also need proof of accommodation (joint tenancy agreement/mortgage/deed depending on whether you rent/own, council tax statement and/or utility bill)

You need proof of English language requirement at IELTS A2 or higher if you are not exempt

Do a forum search for "FLR(M) documents checklist" if you want to see what other people have submitted, but do be aware that people have different circumstances which can change the documents required.

Reactions: ithinkin
#15 ·
Bosna, I just picked up on the fact that you don't have any bills in your or your wife's names coming to the house.

What about bank statements? Do you have any of those joint or individually coming to your parents home?

Focus on the relationship evidence section of the application. You need, 6 pieces of jointly addressed evidence or 6 pieces each of individually addressed evidence ( making a total of 12).

These evidence documents need to cover the whole of the 2.5 years, containing at least 3 different sources and evenly spread, with gaps no larger than ideally 4-5 months between each document.

Do you have the above? Official sources include- any bills, bank statements, letters from Doctors, HMRC, Elections related, credit card bills etc. Collect anything and everything you have addressed to either of you at your current address and create a timeline and see if you fulfil this requirement.

#17 ·
Hi Bosna

We have had similar issues - we went to the bank and got old statements printed off and stamped and authenticated as originals by the bank... we have also gone to the local authority to get invoices printed and authenticated. You could also get a letter from GP you are both registered at with your address and we also got appointment history to show attendance at the GP we are both registered at. We are about to submit all this as extra evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.