Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've sort of asked this question before but I just want to check I have it right!

I am going on maternity leave in 2 weeks and my husband will be due to apply for FLR a month after I return to work next year. We want to use my salary again under Cat A. We think it will be more straight forward than showing combined income etc. I know that we can use my 6 payslips before I go on Mat leave as proof of meeting the income requirement. However, I'm not sure if I should include my last 5 payslips from before my Mat leave then the one month after I return from Mat leave just before he applies? Will it look odd that the first 4 months is full pay then drops dramatically in the 5th month? And what documents should I supply to prove I was maternity leave for that period? Letter from my employer, P60, MATB1 form, anything else?

Thanks again!
KHP

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You have a choice of either submitting the 6-month pay immediately prior to the date of application, or immediately prior to the start of your maternity pay. It's either or, so if you want to submit pay prior to maternity leave, just submit 6 monthly payslips before starting maternity leave.
You need a letter of employment stating, among other things, the period of maternity leave. See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf Page 32 onwards for details.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks Joppa that makes sense and thanks for the link! I will supply 12 months bank slips so it clear how my maternity leave has been paid throughout the year.

Thanks,
KHP

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Sorry me again...

In the requirements section states the following:
(c) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity, parental or
adoption leave.

I'm wondering if I should get this letter done now or wait so it's dated within 28 days of application? But as I'll be using evidence of pay from this year should it be dated from now? I haven't confirmed the exact date I'll finish my maternity leave so not sure what date they would put for that.
Thanks,
KHP

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It should be within 28 days of application, as your maternity leave doesn't end till nearer the time of application and it's still in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi KHP,

Just wondering if you applied and were successful? In the process of applying myself and would appreciate if you could share what your employer letter looked like. I'm also on Maternity Leave (finished in 2 days but not going back to work before January).

Did you go back to work after maternity leave and then applied? Did you use your salary pre-maternity leave?

Thanks,

Elyse

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there, my husband won't be applying until next year so I don't have any advice for you I'm afraid. But I will have returned to work by the time he applies and we will be using my salary pre- Mat leave.
I'm going to use the maternity leave letter my HR dept gave me before I went on leave and ask them for a proof of employment letter as we did for the entry clearance application.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great, thanks!
I do have my maternity leave letter and intend to put it in the bundle.
I will ask HR to give me a letter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.