Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All.

My other half has been in the UK for about 4 months and her fiancée visa will expire soon, we are now married but I have a couple of questions prior to submitting the application for further leave to remain.

Am I correct in saying that the form to use is FLR (M)?

Do I need to provide a supporting letter in the same way I did with the fiancée visa application? I.E. How we met, where we have been together etc.

Would you recommend including photo’s of us together in the UK?

A couple of posts talk about providing details of all incoming monies and then all the household bills etc. Obviously i'm including my bank statements, pay slips, contract of employment and details of where we reside. Would it still be advisable to include details of the outgoings?

We are applying in person and UKBA website say that the biometric residancy permit will be delivered 7 days after the appointment, Is that normally the case? Worst case scenario, Would my other half still be allowed to travel back to Thailand and then return to the UK without the biometric residancy permit?

Sorry for all the question and thanks so so much in advance for any help.

Markie

·
Registered
39,032 Posts
Morning All.

My other half has been in the UK for about 4 months and her fiancée visa will expire soon, we are now married but I have a couple of questions prior to submitting the application for further leave to remain.

Am I correct in saying that the form to use is FLR (M)?
Yes.

Do I need to provide a supporting letter in the same way I did with the fiancée visa application? I.E. How we met, where we have been together etc.
That's a good idea. Remember the UKBA officer looking at your case hasn't seen your fiancée visa application, though they can usually extract it from their system. But now that you are married and are committing your life together, keep it brief and to the point. You don't need the details of how you kept in touch with each other, such as skype logs etc.

Would you recommend including photo’s of us together in the UK?
Yes, especially of your wedding with other people present (not just two of you).

A couple of posts talk about providing details of all incoming monies and then all the household bills etc. Obviously i'm including my bank statements, pay slips, contract of employment and details of where we reside. Would it still be advisable to include details of the outgoings?
That isn't necessary. Just concentrate on income, savings and external sponsorship if any.

We are applying in person and UKBA website say that the biometric residancy permit will be delivered 7 days after the appointment, Is that normally the case? Worst case scenario, Would my other half still be allowed to travel back to Thailand and then return to the UK without the biometric residancy permit?
She should get her biometric residence permit by courier delivery (requires a signature) a few days after but allow up to a week. She should not leave the country until she receives the permit and takes it with her or she may not be allowed back in. There is an email address to use if she doesn't get it after 10 days or if there's an error on it. She should make a photocopy of front and back of her permit when she gets it and keep it safe.
UK Border Agency | Biometric residence permits

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.