Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been looking at flights from Dubai for later in the year and, like most things, as the start point is Dubai they bump up the price.

Have any of u booked flights with emirates and started the journey in London (or any other European city) to make it cheaper. Do airlines allow u to do this??? I would obviously have no intention of using the London-Dubai leg of the journey......??????

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't actually want to go to London I just want to do Dubai-Mauritius.....the journey however is £500 (3000aed) cheaper if the journey begins in LHR!!!!!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Try going on opodo.com and booking with Air Mauritius, they don`t fly to Dubai so the flight will be on the same Emirates plane but probably about 100 quid each cheaper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We have been looking at flights from Dubai for later in the year and, like most things, as the start point is Dubai they bump up the price.

Have any of u booked flights with emirates and started the journey in London (or any other European city) to make it cheaper. Do airlines allow u to do this??? I would obviously have no intention of using the London-Dubai leg of the journey......??????
No you can't do this - if you don't show up at the first boarding point in your itinerary, then your entire booking is cancelled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.