Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have finally booked our flights :clap2: ... (Going to NSW on 457 Visa with hubby and 3 kids!)

Have had a few set backs but now on our way!!! We travel on 30th October! :plane:

So much to do, I seem to be doing a lot of research and thinking about alot but don't appear to be getting anything done! :juggle:

Question: I need to organise redirection of post. Will be living with a relative short term so was thinking of a PO Box, can I get one from UK?:confused2:

Also any advice on how to stop feeling so guilty about leaving my inconsolable family :eek:

Thanks Julia

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have finally booked our flights :clap2: ... (Going to NSW on 457 Visa with hubby and 3 kids!)

Have had a few set backs but now on our way!!! We travel on 30th October! :plane:

So much to do, I seem to be doing a lot of research and thinking about alot but don't appear to be getting anything done! :juggle:

Question: I need to organise redirection of post. Will be living with a relative short term so was thinking of a PO Box, can I get one from UK?:confused2:

Also any advice on how to stop feeling so guilty about leaving my inconsolable family :eek:

Thanks Julia
Congrats Julia, you're finally getting there.... not long now.
One thing though you'll have to get the kids to do trick-or-treat on the plane, it'll be a laugh getting them all dressed up..... can you imagine going through customs like that.Lol

as for the families, they should be supporting you guys rather than leaving you feeling guilty. It's a chance for you to start a new life and I'm sure everyone including your family would grasp it if they had been given the chance. tell them they'll be over for the hols but in the meantime theres phonecalls and webcams.

I know we'll miss our families once we get there but hope with all the running around to sort things out by the time we really miss them they would have visited.

fingers x'd that it all goes well for you and your family.

xx satty

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Julia,

Good luck for with your move.

Check out the "A list of things you need to do before you emigrate" sticky at the top of the forum page for post re-direction tips.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi julia, wish u luck with the move.. do share with us how things go for u

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. The Royal Mail website... http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=600008&catId=5200021

You can redirect mail overseas and renew for up to two years. We've taken the one year option at the moment, prices are here... http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?mediaId=50900695&catId=600008&campaign=MRP

Good luck!
Thanks THC!

The problem I have is that I can't open a PO Box from here. We will be staying with family until we find rented accommodation and I don't really want to redirect post to their house!

I am going to ask if they can open a PO Box over there for me, that would solve a few problems.

Thanks Julia

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Good luck on your move!!!
:plane:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Family wise, get skype and skype them once a week.
That might help.

Don't feel guilty remember you are doing this for you and your children, and they can always go and visit. :)

I feel very guilty too, but intend to drag my bottom to Europe to see family every2/3 years, at least while parents are alive.
I really did not adapt to the British weather and we need to move before our kids become older and don't want to go with us...

Good luck.
We hope to follow in a few months.:D

Best wishes,
Busyte

1 - 7 of 7 Posts