Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread to gather some feedback from fellow forum-ites. How would you evaluate the airline that you've used for your trips/round trips?

*Airline*
Service-
Luggage-
Price-

·
Registered
737 Posts
Starting this thread to gather some feedback from fellow forum-ites. How would you evaluate the airline that you've used for your trips/round trips?

*Airline*
Service-
Luggage-
Price-
Singapore Airlines, it was good. Luggage - 40 kg (because of one way trip)

Price - INR 53,000

·
Registered
397 Posts
So far I have travelled by two airlines - Jet/Qantas and Singapore and experience both the time was good.

Qantas
service: First leg of the journey is managed by Jet airways. It was mildly uncomfortable as the aircraft was not much spacious. Plus one disadvantage with Qantas was that I was not able to choose the seats online. There was extra cost to it as I remember. So I had to sit at the last row in a full aircraft. Second leg, operated by Qantas, was quite good and comfortable. No issues with service.

Luggage: 45 + 7
Cost: INR 68K for 2 people

Singapore Airlines
Service: Pretty amazing, spacious flight, no issues with food. Only downside is that it's quite expensive.
Luggage: 30 + 7 (as it was round-trip)
Cost: AUD 5K for 3 people

Reactions: Ray_of_hope

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
737 Posts
So far I have travelled by two airlines - Jet/Qantas and Singapore and experience both the time was good.

Qantas
service: First leg of the journey is managed by Jet airways. It was mildly uncomfortable as the aircraft was not much spacious. Plus one disadvantage with Qantas was that I was not able to choose the seats online. There was extra cost to it as I remember. So I had to sit at the last row in a full aircraft. Second leg, operated by Qantas, was quite good and comfortable. No issues with service.

Luggage: 45 + 7
Cost: INR 68K for 2 people

Singapore Airlines
Service: Pretty amazing, spacious flight, no issues with food. Only downside is that it's quite expensive.
Luggage: 30 + 7 (as it was round-trip)
Cost: AUD 5K for 3 people

For Singapore as well, first flight was not spacious ( from Cochin to SGP, operated by Silk Air). At least I got a decent seat, but the seating was slightly uncomfortable, but that is ok for a 4 hr flight.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I used Emirates from AMS-SYD, connecting in DXB. Excellent service, great seats, great in-flight entertainment (though the system varied in quality it was across the board decent at least) and pretty good food (though after 24 hours flying you get sick of it). Think I paid about AUD7.5K for the family (2 adults, a teen, 2 kids) return.

It wasn't the cheapest, but when you're flying with little ones "cheap and cheerful" becomes a nightmare. Think one of the Chinese airlines was offering at AUD1.5K less.

Can I recommend we give prices in AUD?

·
Registered
40 Posts
RE

Any feedback on using Thai airways.

I am travelling with 2 kids and spouse from Cochin to Sydney and so thought might be good to spend some time on layover at airports and travel refreshed. How about the feedback on airports at Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the elaborate responses. I will probably look for direct flights from India. I have reviewed the responses and feel that my primary criteria is to minimise travel time. I will book accordingly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any feedback on using Thai airways.

I am travelling with 2 kids and spouse from Cochin to Sydney and so thought might be good to spend some time on layover at airports and travel refreshed. How about the feedback on airports at Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
KL is cramped as compared to SG. SG airport is consistently rated as one of the best if not the best for a number of years. It has a number of facilities which are child friendly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for all the elaborate responses. I will probably look for direct flights from India. I have reviewed the responses and feel that my primary criteria is to minimise travel time. I will book accordingly.
Direct flights are few and far between. 13 hours flight time for a MEL - DEL flight, versus 15 - 16 hours travel time with a layover. Many people prefer a stopover as it gives them time to stretch their legs. A layover of 2 - 3 hours feels good.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Any experience with malaysian airlines?
Choosing between malaysian and singapore airlines now...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any experience with malaysian airlines?
Choosing between malaysian and singapore airlines now...
SG as an airlines is a better airlines, and the stopover at Singapore is better than that at KL. Having said this cost may be a consideration. If the cost difference is not much or cost is not a consideration, go with Singapore

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks.
Btw, already booked Singapore)

Reactions: braich.abhijeet
1 - 15 of 15 Posts