Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
i just got permanent resident visa for australia. Trying to arrange a flight from uk to australia. I heard people have had problems with flights and lots of cancellations. Anyone here facing a similar problem? I am planning to travel in march 2020.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys,
i just got permanent resident visa for australia. Trying to arrange a flight from uk to australia. I heard people have had problems with flights and lots of cancellations. Anyone here facing a similar problem? I am planning to travel in march 2020.
Congrats on the PR. Do you plan to book a holiday or repatriation flight? Curious as we have just lodged EOI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to book a normal flight and buy a ticket through the airlines. Maybe Qatar or Ethihad airways. I think the repatriation flights are hard to get a place on and are infrequent.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I plan to book a normal flight and buy a ticket through the airlines. Maybe Qatar or Ethihad airways. I think the repatriation flights are hard to get a place on and are infrequent.
Ah got ya, that’s a tricky one. Are you going one way, or just the quick visit to validate the PR?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ah. I was going to say that there’s a IED waiver circulating due to corona if it was only to validate. At least if one way you don’t get stung with the excess flight fees twice. Best of luck with the move. :)

·
Banned
5 Posts
Yes, I remember having some issues with flight cancellation. But I couldn't manage it properly and I still didn`t get my money back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts