Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working in dubai for few months and I had the accommodation provided, couldn't stand the "lovely" hospitality sphere, so I resigned and I'm back to my country, however I managed to find an ok job and I am going back first days of August. I have to rent now. I was thinking of TECOM, as I will be working close to Business Bay, maybe anyone is looking for room mate in that aera?
Or could anyone recommend other nice (CHEAP) areas that would be close to metro and Business b.
Also, do you guys think it is possible to find smth for 1200aed (I've failed in life and my salary will be really low lol) sharing with 2 other people MAXIMUM? Or I can only find smth in bur dubai with 5 others?
Also, can I rent short term? How do I do it safely straight from the owner, without brokers?
Thank you all

·
Registered
119 Posts
i think your best bet is to look on dubbizle under the roommates section.. you can also try airBnB but I suspect that will be pricer. I've seen things called "bed shares" where you get a single bed in a room for as low as 500 aed but this all depends on the area you want. I think you will find something but it will likely be very uncomfortable. Also about the safely straight from the owner..that is very unlikely, especially so in an area where only locals can officially own. Even for houses which are paid off by non locals (like the one I live in) but just officially owned by a local it is unlikely that you will deal with the non-local owner...either you will have to deal with someone who works for them or someone who lets from them and then to you. Well at least that is how it seems where I live.

also i cant say much about the legality of all that: it is still unclear to me. I think some are and some arent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts